Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed 18-bit no missing codes
- Throughput: 2 MSPS, No pipeline delay
- Low power, dynamic power scaling
- TBD mW typical at 2 MSPS
- INL: ±0.5 LSB typical, ±TBD LSB (±TBD ppm) maximum
- SINAD: 100 dB typical at 1 kHz (Gain=0.9)
- THD: −120 dB typical at 1 kHz, -100dB at 100kHz
- Integrated Fully Differential ADC driver with signal scaling
- Wide Input Common Range
- High Common Mode Rejection
- Single ended to differential conversion
- Pin selectable input range with over-range
- Input Ranges with 5V VREF: ±10V, ±5V, ±2.5V
- Gain/Attenuation: G = 0.45, 0.9, 1 and 1.9
- Gain error: 0.005% typical
- Gain drift: 1ppm/°C typical
- On board Reference buffer with VCM generation
- 4x footprint reduction versus discrete solution
- Versatile supply configuration with 1.8 V/2.5 V/3 V/5 V logic interface
- Flexible power down modes
- Serial interface SPI-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible
- Daisy-chain multiple μModules and busy indicator
- Small 49 ball 7x7mm, 0.8mm pitch BGA package
- Wide operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
The ADAQ4003 is a μModule precision data acquisition solution that reduces the development cycle of a precision measurement system by transferring the signal chain design challenge of component selection, optimization, and layout from designer to device.
Using System-in-Package (SIP) technology, the ADAQ4003 reduces end system component count by combining multiple common signal processing and conditioning blocks into a single device including a low noise, fully differential ADC driver, a stable reference buffer, and a high resolution 18-bit, 2MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. It also incorporates the critical passive components necessary for optimum performance. The superior matching and drift characteristics of the resistors minimizes temperature dependent error sources. Fast settling characteristics of the ADC driver stage along with a wide common-mode input range, high output data rate, and exceptional accuracy provide a unique and differentiated solution for a diverse variety of precision measurement applications.
The small footprint 7x7 mm BGA package increases solution density without sacrificing any performance. This combination of signal chain blocks into one component solves many design challenges, yet the device still provides the flexibility of a configurable ADC driver stage to allow for gain or attenuation adjustments. The ADAQ4003 can operate in either a fully differential or single ended-to-differential input configuration. Single 5.5V supply operation is possible while still achieving optimum performance from the device.
The SPI-compatible serial user interface is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, or 5 V logic, using the separate VIO supply. Specified operation of ADAQ4003 is from −40°C to +125°C.
- Data acquisition
- Process Control
- Battery-powered instrumentation
- Medical instruments
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.