Features and Benefits
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Low power, fine complex NCO allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth while adding <300 mW power
- Auxiliary DACs allow I and Q gain matching and offset control
- Includes programmable I and Q phase compensation
- Internal digital upconversion capability
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- 100-lead, exposed pad TQFP package
The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 are 12-bit, 14-bit, and 16-bit, high dynamic range TxDAC® devices, respectively, that provide a sample rate of 800 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. Features are included for optimizing direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, as well as gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL5375 family from Analog Devices, Inc. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) provides for programming and readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 family is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. It is enclosed in a 100-lead TQFP package.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- Proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable setup and hold.
- Low power complex 32-bit numerically controlled oscillators (NCOs).
- Wireless infrastructure
W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9787.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD9787 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulator
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346.
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385, ADL5386.
Recommended Clock Drivers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.