Features and Benefits
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Low power, fine complex NCO allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth while adding <300 mW power
- Auxiliary DACs allow I and Q gain matching and offset control
- Includes programmable I and Q phase compensation
- Internal digital upconversion capability
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- 100-lead, exposed pad TQFP package
The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 are 12-bit, 14-bit, and 16-bit, high dynamic range TxDAC® devices, respectively, that provide a sample rate of 800 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. Features are included for optimizing direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, as well as gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL5375 family from Analog Devices, Inc. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) provides for programming and readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 family is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. It is enclosed in a 100-lead TQFP package.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- Proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable setup and hold.
- Low power complex 32-bit numerically controlled oscillators (NCOs).
- Wireless infrastructure
W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9785.
Features & Benefits
- Evaluation board for the AD9785
- Includes options to evaluate
DAC and ADL5375 quadrature modulator
- USB interface for configuration
- On-board or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
The SDP-H1 is a high speed controller board for the System Demonstration Platform (SDP). The SDP-H1 has a Xilinx® Spartan 6 and an ADSP-BF527 processor with connectivity to the PC through a USB 2.0 high speed port. Controller boards allow for the configuration and capture of data on daughter boards from the PC via USB.
The SDP-H1 has a FMC low pin count ( LPC) connector with full differential LVDS and singled ended LVCMOS support. It also has the 120 pin connector, found on the SDP-B which exposes the Blackfin processors peripherals. This connector provides a configurable Serial, Parallel I2C and SPI and GPIO communications lines to the attached daughter board. The PC side software application for controlling the attached daughter board is provided with each of the daughter product evaluation boards or Circuits from the Lab reference Circuits.
The System Demonstration Platform is a collection of controller boards, interposer boards, and daughter boards, used for easy, low cost evaluation of ADI components and reference circuits. For a general overview of the entire platform visit the System Demonstration Platform homepage www.analog.com/sdpSee the full list of compatible Product Evaluation Boards and Circuits from the Lab Reference Circuit Boards that require the SDP-B. All SDP-S compatible daughter boards can be used with the SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx® Spartan 6
- 1 x FMC Low Pin Count ( LPC) connector
- LVDS and single ended LVCMOS signaling
- JTAG header
- Blackfin processor ADSP-BF527
- 1 x small Footprint 120 pin connector
- Configurable Peripheral Interfaces SPI, SPORT, I2C, GPIO, Asynchronous Parallel, PPI, Timers
- USB 2.0 interface to the PC
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
Tools & Simulations
AD9785 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346.
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385, ADL5386.
Recommended Clock Drivers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.