Features and Benefits
- JESD204B Subclass 0 or Subclass 1 coded serial digital outputs
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) = 71.9 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS with NSR set to 33%
- Spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) = 87 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption:
435 mW at 250 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply voltages
- Integer 1 to 8 input clock divider
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range
1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p (1.75 V p-p nominal)
- ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer (DCS)
- Serial port control
- Energy saving power-down modes
The AD6677 is an 11-bit, 250 MSPS, intermediate frequency (IF) receiver specifically designed to support multi-antenna systems in telecommunication applications where high dynamic range performance, low power, and small size are desired.
The device consists of a high performance analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a noise shaping requantizer (NSR) digital block. The ADC consists of a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic, and each ADC features a wide bandwidth switched capacitor sampling network within the first stage of the differential pipeline. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations. A duty cycle stabilizer (DCS) compensates for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
The ADC output is connected internally to an NSR block. The integrated NSR circuitry allows for improved SNR performance in a smaller frequency band within the Nyquist bandwidth. The device supports two different output modes selectable via the SPI. With the NSR feature enabled, the output of the ADC are processed such that the AD6677 supports enhanced SNR performance within a limited portion of the Nyquist bandwidth while maintaining an 11-bit output resolution.
The NSR block can be programmed to provide a bandwidth of either 22% or 33% of the sample clock. For example, with a sample clock rate of 250 MSPS, the AD6677 can achieve up to 76.3 dBFS SNR for a 55 MHz bandwidth in the 22% mode and up to 73.5 dBFS SNR for a 82 MHz bandwidth in the 33% mode.
When the NSR block is disabled, the ADC data is provided directly to the output at a resolution of 11 bits. The AD6677 can achieve up to 65.9 dBFS SNR for the entire Nyquist bandwidth when operated in this mode. This allows the AD6677 to be used in telecommunication applications such as a digital predistortion observation path where wider bandwidths are required.
The output data is routed directly to an external JESD204B serial output lane. This output is at current mode logic (CML) voltage levels. One mode is supported such that the output coded data is sent through one lane (L = 1; F = 4). Synchronization input controls (SYNCINB± and SYSREF±) are provided.
The AD6677 receiver digitizes a wide spectrum of IF frequencies. This IF sampling architecture greatly reduces component cost and complexity compared with traditional analog techniques or less integrated digital methods.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired. Programmable overrange level detection is supported via dedicated fast detect pins.
- The configurable JESD204B output block with an integrated phase-locked loop (PLL) to support lane rates up to 5 Gbps.
- IF receiver includes an 11-bit, 250 MSPS ADC with programmable noise shaping requantizer (NSR) function that allows for improved SNR within a reduced bandwidth of 22% or 33% of the sample rate.
- Support for an optional RF clock input to ease system board design.
- Proprietary differential input maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies of up to 400 MHz.
- An on-chip integer, 1 to 8 input clock divider and SYNC input allows synchronization of multiple devices.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as controlling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, overrange fast detection, and serial output configuration.
- Diversity radio and smart antenna (MIMO) systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G)
TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA,
CDMA2000, GSM, EDGE, LTE
- I/Q demodulation systems
- General-purpose software radios
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains the evaluation board ordering information for evaluating the AD6677.
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
AD6677 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter, low power and multi-output: AD9525.
- For low jitter performance along with on chip PLL and VCO: AD9523, AD9523-1, AD9524.
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.