Features and Benefits
- Low offset voltage: 5 μV maximum
- Extremely low offset voltage drift: 22 nV/°C maximum
- Low voltage noise density:
- 5.8 nV/√Hz typical
- 117 nV p-p typical from 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz
- Low input bias current: 50 pA typical
- Unity-gain crossover: 3 MHz typical
- Single-supply operation: input voltage range includes ground and rail-to-rail output
- Wide range of operating voltages
- Single-supply operation: 4.5 V to 55 V
- Dual-supply operation: ±2.25 V to ±27.5 V
- Integrated EMI filters
- Unity-gain stable
The ADA4522-1 / ADA4522-2 / ADA4522-4 are single/dual/quad channel, zero drift op amps with low noise and power, ground sensing inputs, and rail-to-rail output, optimized for total accuracy over time, temperature, and voltage conditions. The wide operating voltage and temperature ranges, as well as the high open-loop gain and very low dc and ac errors make the devices well suited for amplifying very small input signals and for accurately reproducing larger signals in a wide variety of applications.
The ADA4522-1 / ADA4522-2 / ADA4522-4 performance is specified at 5.0 V, 30 V, and 55 V power supply voltages. These devices operate over the range of 4.5 V to 55 V, and are excellent for applications using single-ended supplies of 5 V, 10 V, 12 V, and 30 V, or for applications using higher single supplies and dual supplies of ±2.5 V, ±5 V, and ±15 V. The ADA4522-1 / ADA4522-2 / ADA4522-4 use on-chip filtering to achieve high immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The ADA4522-1 / ADA4522-2 / ADA4522-4 are fully specified over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C and are available in 8-lead MSOP, 8-lead SOIC, 14-lead SOIC, and 14-lead TSSOP packages.
- Inductance, capacitance, and resistance (LCR) meter/megohmmeter front-end amplifiers
- Load cell and bridge transducers
- Magnetic force balance scales
- High precision shunt current sensing
- Thermocouple/resistance temperature detector (RTD) sensors
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) input and output amplifiers
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Universal Precision Op Amp Evaluation Boards have been designed and optimized for many circuit configurations allowing the users to best suit their applications. These boards are all RoHs Compliant. See references below on what board to order by lead count and package.
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1KSZ (Single 5-Lead SC70) KS-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RJZ (Single 5-Lead SOT 23) RJ-5
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RMZ (Single 8-Lead MSOP) RM-8
- EVAL-PRAOPAMP-1RZ (Single 8-Lead SOIC) R-8
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
An online tool to illustrate range, gain and accuracy issues with Op Amp.
Use the Analog Filter Wizard to design low-pass, high-pass, or band-pass filters with actual op amps in minutes. As you progress through the design process, you can observe the characteristics of your filter design from ideal specifications to real world circuit behavior. Quickly evaluate the tradeoffs in op amp specifications - including gain-bandwidth, noise, and supply current – to determine the best filter design for your requirements.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.