- 16-bit dual simultaneous sampling SAR ADC
- Single-ended analog inputs
- Quad channel with 2:1 multiplexers
- Channel sequencer mode
- High throughput rate of up to 4 MSPS
- On-chip oversampling functions
- SNR (typical)
- 87.5 dB, VREF = 3.3 V external
- 93 dB with OSR = 8, VREF = 2.5 V internal
- INL (typical): ±1.5 LSBs
- Resolution boost function
- 2.5 V internal reference at 10 ppm/°C (maximum)
- Alert function
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- 16-lead LFCSP, 3 mm × 3 mm
The AD7386 is a 16-bit, dual simultaneous sampling, high speed, successive approximation register (SAR) analog-todigital converter (ADC) that operates from a 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply and features throughput rates of up to 4 MSPS. The analog input types are single-ended and are sampled and converted on the falling edge of CS.
The AD7386 has an on-chip sequencer and integrated on-chip oversampling blocks to improve dynamic range and reduce noise at lower bandwidths. A buffered internal 2.5 V reference is included. Alternatively, an external reference up to 3.3 V can be used. The conversion process and data acquisition use standard control inputs, allowing easy interfacing to microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). The AD7386 is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V interfaces, using the separate logic supply.
The AD7386 is available in a 16-lead LFCSP package with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.
- 4-channel, dual simultaneous sampling ADC.
- Pin-compatible product family.
- High 4 MSPS throughput rate.
- Space-saving 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package.
- Integrated oversampling block to increase dynamic range and SNR and reduce SCLK speed requirements.
- Single-ended analog inputs.
- Small sampling capacitor reduces amplifier drive burden
- Motor control position feedback
- Motor control current sense
- Power quality
- Data acquisition systems
- EDFA applications
- I and Q demodulation
The EVAL-AD7386FMCZ is a full featured evaluation board designed to evaluate all features of the AD7386 analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The evaluation board can be controlled by the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z via the 160-way system demonstration platform (SDP) connector, P7. The EVAL-SDP-CH1Z board controls the evaluation boards through a USB port of a PC using the analysis control evaluation (ACE) software, which is available for download from the ACE software page.
Complete specifications for the AD7386 are provided in the AD7386 data sheet. Consult these specifications in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board. Full details on the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z are available on the SDP-H1 product page. The comprehensive ACE user guide is available on the ACE software page.
- Full featured evaluation board multichannel, simultaneous sampling ADC
- On-board reference, reference buffer, and ADC driver
- On-board power supplies
- Board-compatible high speed system demonstration platform (SDP-H1) controller
- PC software for control and data analysis