2.5 GHz Direct Conversion Quadrature Modulator
The AD8346 is a silicon I / Q quadrature modulator, designed to be used from 800 MHz to 2.5 GHz. The part is optimized for lower power applications, yet provides a very low noise floor and high output power for the given supply current.
The AD8346 requires only –10 dBm LO drive level and provides a fully specified 50 ohm buffered output.
The part provides excellent amplitude and phase balance and sideband suppression specifications to enable higher order / capacity QAM modulated radios.
Additionally the AD8346 has been tested and provides –72 dBc ACPR when used in a direct up-conversion CDMA IS95 modulator.
The AD8346 is supplied in 16-lead Thin Shrunk Small Outline (TSSOP) package, and fully specified over –40 to 85 degC temperature range.
Samples part number (AD8346ARU) and an evaluation board, part number (AD8346-EVAL) are available
Other Modulator / Demodulator Products
AD8345 - 250 MHz - 1 GHz RF / IF Quadrature Modulator
AD8347 – 800 MHz - 2.7 GHz RF / IF Quadrature Demodulator
AD8349 – 800 MHz - 2.7 GHz Direct Up-Conversion Quadrature Modulator
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
AD8346-EVALZ is 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/200 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 1.2 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IP, IN, QP, and QN). The AD8346 output is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747, AD9125 or the AD9125 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122, AD9125 or the AD9146 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
Single-Sideband Upconversion of Quadrature DDS Signals to the...
(Analog Dialogue, Vol. 34, No. 3, May, 2000)
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview
Detecting Fast RF Bursts using Log Amps
by Yuping Toh, Analog Devices, Inc.
Single Chip Realizes Direct-Conversion Rx
... Direct-conversion Rxs offer advantages in simplicity compared to conventional superheterodyne approaches,...
Simplifying Direct-Conversion Tx Paths in Wireless Designs