Features and Benefits
- Flexible CMOS interface allows dual-word, word, or byte load
- Single-carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 122.88 MHz IF
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×/4×/8× interpolator/complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in the DAC bandwidth
- Gain and phase adjustment for sideband suppression
- Multi-chip synchronization interface
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- Low power: 900 mW @ 500 MSPS, full operating conditions
- 72-lead, exposed paddle LFCSP
The AD9125 is a dual, 16-bit, high dynamic range TxDAC+® digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1000 MSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. It includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL537x F-MOD series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 4-wire serial port interface allows programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA. The AD9125 comes in a 72-lead LFCSP.Product Highlights
1. Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD)
enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from
baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
2. A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
3. The current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
4. Flexible CMOS digital interface allows the standard 32- wire bus to be reduced to a 16-wire bus.
- Wireless infrastructure
- W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, LTE
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
- Cable modem termination systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9125 evaluation board comes in two models; the AD9125-M5372-EBZ has the ADL5372 modulator on board, and the AD9125-M5375-EBZ has the ADL5375 modulator on-board. To operate the evaluation boards, the user must apply power, a clock source, a digital data source, and be able to observe the DAC output on either a spectrum analyzer or an oscilloscope. A low jitter sine or square wave clock will work well as a source. The evaluation board comes with software which allows the user to program the SPI port. Via the SPI port, the DUT and clock circuitry can be programmed into any of its various operating modes.
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Features & Benefits
- Based on Virtex-7 FPGA
- One (1) FMC-HPC connector
- Ten (10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers supported
- Two (2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.