Features and Benefits
- Power dissipation @ 3.3 V, 20 mA output
- 191 mW @ 10 MSPS
- 232 mW @ 125 MSPS
- Sleep mode: <3 mW @ 3.3 V
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- SFDR to Nyquist
- 86 dBc @ 1 MHz output
- 85 dBc @ 10 MHz output
- NSD @ 10 MHz output, 125 MSPS, 20 mA: −157 dBc/Hz
- Differential current outputs: 4 mA to 20 mA
- 2 on-chip auxiliary DACs
- CMOS inputs with single-port operation
- Output common mode: adjustable 0 V to 1.2 V
- Small footprint 40-lead LFCSP RoHS-compliant package
Product DetailsThe AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 are pin-compatible dual, 8-/10-/12-/14-bit, low power digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 125 MSPS. These TxDAC® converters are optimized for the transmit signal path of communication systems. All the devices share the same interface, package, and pinout, providing an upward or downward component selection path based on performance, resolution, and cost.
The AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 offer exceptional ac and dc performance and support update rates up to 125 MSPS.
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.8 V to 3.3 V and low power dissipation of the AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 make them well suited for portable and low power applications.
- Low Power. DACs operate on a single 1.8 V to 3.3 V supply; total power consumption reduces to 225 mW at 100 MSPS. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- CMOS Clock Input. High speed, single-ended CMOS clock input supports a 125 MSPS conversion rate.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components. Adjustable output common mode from 0 V to 1.2 V allows for easy interfacing to other components that accept common-mode levels greater than 0 V.
- Wireless infrastructures
- Picocell, femtocell base stations
- Medical instrumentation
- Ultrasound transducer excitation
- Portable instrumentation
- Signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9117.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 (AD911x) and AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 (AD971x)
- Includes options to evaluate
DAC and ADL5375 quadrature modulator
DAC and op amp performance
- USB interface for configuration
- Internal or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
The SDP-H1 is a high speed controller board for the System Demonstration Platform (SDP). The SDP-H1 has a Xilinx® Spartan 6 and an ADSP-BF527 processor with connectivity to the PC through a USB 2.0 high speed port. Controller boards allow for the configuration and capture of data on daughter boards from the PC via USB.
The SDP-H1 has a FMC low pin count ( LPC) connector with full differential LVDS and singled ended LVCMOS support. It also has the 120 pin connector, found on the SDP-B which exposes the Blackfin processors peripherals. This connector provides a configurable Serial, Parallel I2C and SPI and GPIO communications lines to the attached daughter board. The PC side software application for controlling the attached daughter board is provided with each of the daughter product evaluation boards or Circuits from the Lab reference Circuits.
The System Demonstration Platform is a collection of controller boards, interposer boards, and daughter boards, used for easy, low cost evaluation of ADI components and reference circuits. For a general overview of the entire platform visit the System Demonstration Platform homepage www.analog.com/sdpSee the full list of compatible Product Evaluation Boards and Circuits from the Lab Reference Circuit Boards that require the SDP-B. All SDP-S compatible daughter boards can be used with the SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx® Spartan 6
- 1 x FMC Low Pin Count ( LPC) connector
- LVDS and single ended LVCMOS signaling
- JTAG header
- Blackfin processor ADSP-BF527
- 1 x small Footprint 120 pin connector
- Configurable Peripheral Interfaces SPI, SPORT, I2C, GPIO, Asynchronous Parallel, PPI, Timers
- USB 2.0 interface to the PC
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
Tools & Simulations
AD9117 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
- For a single supply, single-ended buffer output: ADA4899-1.
- For high speed, high CMRR: AD8130.
- For a single supply, differential buffer output: ADA4841-2.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.