Features and Benefits
- Power dissipation @ 3.3 V, 20 mA output
- 191 mW @ 10 MSPS
- 232 mW @ 125 MSPS
- Sleep mode: <3 mW @ 3.3 V
- Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- SFDR to Nyquist
- 86 dBc @ 1 MHz output
- 85 dBc @ 10 MHz output
- NSD @ 10 MHz output, 125 MSPS, 20 mA: −143 dBc/Hz
- Differential current outputs: 4 mA to 20 mA
- 2 on-chip auxiliary DACs
- CMOS inputs with single-port operation
- Output common mode: adjustable 0 V to 1.2 V
- Small footprint 40-lead LFCSP RoHS-compliant package
The AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 are pin-compatible dual, 8-/10-/12-/14-bit, low power digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 125 MSPS. These TxDAC® converters are optimized for the transmit signal path of communication systems. All the devices share the same interface, package, and pinout, providing an upward or downward component selection path based on performance, resolution, and cost.
The AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 offer exceptional ac and dc performance and support update rates up to 125 MSPS.
The flexible power supply operating range of 1.8 V to 3.3 V and low power dissipation of the AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 make them well suited for portable and low power applications.
- Low Power. DACs operate on a single 1.8 V to 3.3 V supply; total power consumption reduces to 225 mW at 100 MSPS. Sleep and power-down modes are provided for low power idle periods.
- CMOS Clock Input. High speed, single-ended CMOS clock input supports a 125 MSPS conversion rate.
- Easy Interfacing to Other Components. Adjustable output common mode from 0 V to 1.2 V allows for easy interfacing to other components that accept common-mode levels greater than 0 V.
- Wireless infrastructures
- Picocell, femtocell base stations
- Medical instrumentation
- Ultrasound transducer excitation
- Portable instrumentation
- Signal generators, arbitrary waveform generators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the AD911x and AD971x evaluation boards, which provide all of the support circuitry required to operate the AD911x and AD971x in their various modes and configurations. The application software used to interface with the devices is also described.
The AD9114/AD9115/AD9116/AD9117 and AD9714/AD9715/AD9716/AD9717 data sheets should be consulted when using the evaluation board. The AD971x/AD911x Rev. A evaluation board operates together with the Data Pattern Generator 2 (DPG2) and the DAC software suite, including the AD971x/AD911x update.
The CD-ROM provided with the evaluation board includes the installation program for all necessary software. The install program can also be downloaded. Both methods install the DPGDownloader program for loading vectors as well as the AD971x/AD911x update necessary for SPI communication.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
AD9115 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
- For a single supply, differential buffer output: ADA4841-2.
- For a single supply, single-ended buffer output: ADA4899-1.
- For high speed, high CMRR: AD8130.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.