Dual 12-Bit 800 MSPS DAC with Low Power 32-Bit Complex NCO
The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 are 12-bit, 14-bit, and 16-bit, high dynamic range TxDAC® devices, respectively, that provide a sample rate of 800 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. Features are included for optimizing direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, as well as gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL5375 family from Analog Devices, Inc. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) provides for programming and readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The AD9785/AD9787/AD9788 family is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. It is enclosed in a 100-lead TQFP package.
- Low noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- Proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable setup and hold.
- Low power complex 32-bit numerically controlled oscillators (NCOs).
- Wireless infrastructure
W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO , we recommend the ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703 or the ADRF6704 .
- For 3V power supplies , we recommend the AD8345 or the AD8346 .
- In wideband communication systems , we recommend the ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385 or the ADL5386 .
Recommended Clock Drivers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.