Features and Benefits
- Dual Output:
- RF1 = -5 to +6 dBm
- RF2 = -15 to -4 dBm
- Four Independent VCO’s with common RF & Tuning ports
- No External Resonator Needed
- 40 Lead 6x6mm SMT Package: 36mm²
The HMC8074LP6GE is a QUADBAND MMIC VCO that integrates the resonators, negative resistance devices, varactor diodes, and features two RF output pins. The VCO’s phase noise performance is excellent over temperature, shock, and process due to the oscillator’s monolithic structure. With a +4.75V supply, the output power is typically -5 to +6 dBm for each RF output, respectively. The voltage controlled oscillator is packaged in a leadless QFN 6x6 mm surface mount package, and requires no external matching components.
- Test Equipment & Industrial Controls
- VSAT Radio
- Point to Point/Multi-Point Radio
- Military End-Use
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV1HMC8074LP6G evaluates the performance of the HMC8074 low noise, quad band, monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). Figure 1 shows a photograph of the EV1HMC8074LP6G. The EV1HMC8074LP6G contains the HMC8074 VCO, an LT3042 ultralow noise voltage regulator, jumpers, an ADG1604 4:1 multiplexer, and Subminiature Version A (SMA) and 2.92 mm K connectors.
For full details on the HMC8074, see the HMC8074 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EV1HMC8074LP6G.
Features & Benefits
- Self contained board that includes the following
- HMC8074 low noise, quad band, VCO
- ADG1604 4:1 multiplexer, filtering options
- LT3042 voltage regulator
- Header connectivity to allow use of Arduino Uno or Linduino microcontroller
- Externally powered by a single 6.0 V supply
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
HMC8074 Companion Parts
Recommended Active Loop Filter Op Amps
- 36 V, 18 MHz, Low Noise, Fast Settling Single Supply, RRO, JFET Op Amp: ADA4625-1.
- 30 V, Low Noise, Rail-to-Rail Input/Output, Low Power Operational Single Amplifier: ADA4084-1.
- High Performance, 145 MHz FastFET ™ Op Amps: AD8065.
Recommended Phase Locked Loop (PLL) and PLL with Sweeper
- 14 GHz 16-bit Fractional-N PLL with Sweeper: HMC702.
- 26.5 GHz, Integer N/Fractional-N, PLL Synthesizer: ADF41513.
- 0.1 GHz to 24 GHz, Low Noise, Programmable Divider: HMC862A.
Recommended Supply Switch
- 1 Ω Typical On Resistance, ±5 V, +12 V, +5 V, and +3.3 V, 4:1 Multiplexer: ADG1604.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.