Features and Benefits
- SNR = 65.8 dBFS at fIN up to 250MHz at 500 MSPS
- ENOB of 10.5 at fIN up to 250 MHz at 500 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- SFDR = 80 dBc at fIN up to 250 MHz at 500 MSPS (−1.0 dBFS)
- Excellent linearity
DNL = ±0.5 LSB typical,
INL = ±0.6 LSB typical
- Integrated 16k × 12 FIFO
- FIFO readback options
12-bit CMOS at 62.5MHz
6-bit DDR LVDS interface
SPORT at 62.5 MHz
SPI at 25MHz
- High speed synchronization capability
- 1 GHz full power analog bandwidth
- Integrated input buffer
- On-chip reference, no external decoupling required
The AD6641 is a 250 MHz bandwidth digital predistortion observation receiver that integrates a 12-bit 500 MSPS ADC, a 16k × 12 FIFO, and a multimode back end that allows users to retrieve the data through a serial port (SPORT), the SPI interface, or a 12-bit parallel CMOS or 6-bit DDR LVDS port after being stored in the integrated FIFO memory. It is optimized for outstanding dynamic performance and low power consumption and is suitable for use in telecommunications applications such as a digital predistortion observation path where wider bandwidths are desired. All necessary functions, including the sample-and-hold, and voltage reference are included on the chip to provide a complete signal conversion solution.
The on-chip FIFO allows for small snapshots of time to be captured via the ADC and read back at a lower rate. This reduces the constraints of signal processing by transferring the captured data at an arbitrary time and at a much lower sample rate. The FIFO can be operated in several user programmable modes. In the single capture mode, the ADC data is captured when signaled via the SPI port or the use of the external FILL± pins. In the continuous capture mode, the data is loaded constantly into the FIFO and the FILL± pins are used to stop this operation.
- Wireless and wired broadband communications
- Communications test equipment
- Power amplifier linearization
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD6641.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD6641
- SPI interface for setup and control
- External, on-board oscillator or AD9517 clocking options
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive options
- LDO regulator or switching power supply options
- VisualAnalog and SPI controller software interfaces
Application Notes (12)
Tools & Simulations
AD6641 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
- For low jitter performance: AD9510, AD9511, AD9512, AD9513, AD9514, AD9515.
- For low jitter performance along with on chip PLL and VCO: AD9523, AD9524.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.