Features and Benefits
- 12 MHz multiplying bandwidth
- INL of ±0.5 LSB at 12 bits
- Pin-compatible 12-/14-bit current output DAC
- 2.5 V to 5.5 V supply operation
- 10-lead MSOP package
- ±10 V reference input
- 50 MHz serial interface
- 2.7 MSPS update rate
- Extended temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 4-quadrant multiplication
- Power-on reset with brownout detection
- 0.4 µA typical current consumption
- Guaranteed monotonic
The AD5444/AD54461 are CMOS 12-bit and 14-bit, current output, digital-to-analog converters (DACs). Operating from a single 2.5 V to 5.5 V power supply, these devices are suited for battery-powered and other applications.
As a result of the CMOS submicron manufacturing process, these parts offer excellent 4-quadrant multiplication characteristics of up to 12 MHz.
These DACs use a double-buffered, 3-wire serial interface that is compatible with SPI®, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and most DSP interface standards. On power-up, the internal shift register and latches are filled with 0s, and the DAC output is at zero scale.
The applied external reference input voltage (VREF) determines the full-scale output current. These parts can handle ±10 V inputs on the reference, despite operating from a single-supply power supply of 2.5 V to 5.5 V. An integrated feedback resistor (RFB) provides temperature tracking and full-scale voltage output when combined with an external current-to-voltage precision amplifier. The AD5444/AD5446 DACs are available in small 10-lead MSOP packages, which are pin-compatible with the AD5425/AD5426/AD5432/AD5443 family of DACs.
The EV-AD5443/46/53SDZ board is available for evaluating DAC performance. For more information, see the UG-327 evaluation board user guide.
- Portable, battery-powered applications
- Waveform generators
- Analog processing
- Instrumentation applications
- Programmable amplifiers and attenuators
- Digitally controlled calibration
- Programmable filters and oscillators
- Composite video
- Gain, offset, and voltage trimming
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The Evaluation board for the AD5446 contains a SDP connection and software which allows the AD5446 to be controlled from an SDP board.
The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CS1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
This evaluation board can be used to evaluate the AD5444 also.
Application Notes (4)
Software & Systems Requirements
AD5444 Companion Parts
Recommended Output Amplifiers
- For precision, low offset, low bias, dual supplies: OP1177, ADA4077-2.
- For precision, low power, low drift, rail-to rail input/output: AD8505, ADA4051-1, ADA4528-1.
- For high speed, low noise, low bias current, FET inputs: AD8065, AD8510.
- For high speed, low noise, low distortion: ADA4899-1, AD8021.
Recommended Precision References
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (2)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.