- Reduces Power Dissipation by Replacing a Power Schottky Diode with No External Components
- Internal 7A, 21mΩ N-Channel MOSFET
- 15mV Regulated Forward Voltage
- 20μA Operating Current, 0.8μA Shutdown
- Wide 0V to 40V Input Range with VCC > 2.75V
- Fast Turn-On Minimizes Voltage Droop
- Fast Reverse Recovery Time Minimizes Reverse Transient Current
- Smooth Switchover in Diode-OR Applications
- 16-Lead 2mm × 3mm LQFN Package
The LTC4451 is a high-performance Schottky diode replacement using an integrated N-Channel power MOSFET. It easily ORs power supplies together to increase system reliability and prevent reverse conduction.
The LTC4451 regulates the forward voltage at 15mV to minimize power loss compared to Schottky diodes. Regulation ensures smooth current transfer without oscillation in diode-OR applications. When the power MOSFET is fully enhanced, the RDS(ON) of the transistor is 21mΩ and rated for forward conduction up to 7A while dissipating 1.34W. A high performance gate driver with fast transient response minimizes both forward power dissipation and reverse current. The VCC input allows VIN to work down to ground for low voltage applications. The LTC4451 is available in a small 16-Lead 2mm × 3mm LQFN Package.
- Schottky Diode Replacement
- Industrial, Medical and Consumer Portable Devices
- Battery and Wall Adapter Diode ORing
Demonstration Circuit 3001A-B showcases the LTC4451 ideal diode controller with an integrated low RDS(ON) MOSFET. The board includes two independent LTC4451 ideal diodes sharing a common ground and operates over a range of 0V to 40V, carrying up to 8A at 25°C ambient temperature. The board can be set up in a diode-OR configuration by connecting the output channels together.
NOTE: Although the DC3001A-B can carry 8A at 25°C, the LTC4451 is designed for a max current of 7A across –40°C to 125°C. Please follow the data sheet recommendations to design your application across the operating temperature range.