16-Bit, 1 MSPS PulSAR® ADC in MSOP/QFN
The SPI-compatible serial interface also features the ability, using the SDI input, to daisy-chain several ADCs on a single, 3-wire bus and provides an optional busy indicator. It is compatible with 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, or 5 V logic, using the separate supply VIO.
The AD7980 is housed in a 10-lead MSOP or a 10-lead QFN (LFCSP) with operation specified from −40°C to +125°C.Applications
- Battery-powered equipment
- Data acquisitions
- Medical instruments
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
The EVAL-AD7980SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7980. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM3401 .
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V) , we recommend the ADUM3481 .
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM4401 .
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation , we recommend the ADUM1401 .
Recommended External Voltage References
- For a low noise, high accuracy 3V reference , we recommend the ADR433 or the ADR4533 .
- For a low noise, high accuracy 5V reference , we recommend the ADR435 or the ADR4550 .
- For driving the voltage reference input , we recommend the AD8031, AD8031 or the AD8605 .
- For a low noise, high accuracy 2.5V reference , we recommend the ADR431 or the ADR4525 .
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For high frequency, low noise, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4897-1 or the AD8021 .
- For precision, low power, low distortion applications , we recommend the ADA4841-1, ADA4896-2, AD8031 or the AD8031 .
- For low frequency, precision, low bias current applications , we recommend the ADA4627-1, ADA4637-1 or the AD8610 .
Product Selection Guide
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide
Find drivers for ADI's most popular single-ended and differential SAR ADCs based on your specific application...
Front-End Amplifier and RC Filter Design for a Precision SAR...
Voltage Reference Design for Precision Successive-Approximation ADCs
(Analog Dialogue, Volume 47 – June 2013)
MS-2210: Designing Power Supplies for High Speed ADC
MS-1779: Nine Often Overlooked ADC Specifications
Analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) have many specifications; some are more important for a given application than...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.