Features and Benefits
- Enhanced system-level ESD performance per IEC 61000-4-x
- Safety and regulatory approvals (RI-16 package)
- UL recognition: 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
- IEC 60601-1: 250 V rms (reinforced)
- IEC 60950-1: 400 V rms (reinforced)
- VDE Certificate of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
- Low power operation
- 5 V operation
- 1.4 mA per channel maximum @ 0 Mbps to 2 Mbps
- 4.3 mA per channel maximum @ 10 Mbps
- 34 mA per channel maximum @ 90 Mbps
- 3.3 V operation
- 0.9 mA per channel maximum @ 0 Mbps to 2 Mbps
- 2.4 mA per channel maximum @ 10 Mbps
- 20 mA per channel maximum @ 90 Mbps
- 5 V operation
- Bidirectional communication
- 3.3 V/5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High data rate: dc to 90 Mbps (NRZ)
- Precise timing characteristics
- 2 ns maximum pulse width distortion
- 2 ns maximum channel-to-channel matching
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Output enable function
- 16-lead SOIC wide body package version (RW-16)
- 16-lead SOIC wide body enhanced creepage version (RI-16)
The ADuM440x are 4-channel digital isolators based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics that are superior to the alternatives, such as optocoupler devices and other integrated couplers.
The ADuM440x isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates (see the Ordering Guide). All models operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 3.0 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling a voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. The ADuM440x isolators have a patented refresh feature that ensures dc correctness in the absence of input logic transitions and during power-up/power-down conditions.
This family of isolators, like many Analog Devices isolators, offers very low power consumption, consuming one-tenth to one-sixth the power of comparable isolators at comparable data rates up to 10 Mbps. All models of the ADuM440x provide low pulse width distortion (<2 ns for C grade). In addition, every model has an input glitch filter to protect against extraneous noise disturbances.
The ADuM440x contain circuit and layout enhancements to help achieve system-level IEC 61000-4-x compliance (ESD/burst/surge). The precise capability in these tests for the ADuM440x are strongly determined by the design and layout of the user’s board or module. For more information, see the AN-793 Application Note, ESD/Latch-Up Considerations with iCoupler Isolation Products.
- General-purpose, high voltage, multichannel isolation
- Medical equipment
- Motor drives
- Power supplies
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
EVAL-ADuMQSEBZ can be used with most iCoupler® and isoPower(R) isolation products in the 16-lead, wide-body SOIC and QSOP packages. The evaluation board supports the common pad positions for power, ground, and I/O pins.
Supported iCoupler® Products
Features & Benefits
- Convenient connections for power through screw terminal blocks
- Add-on BNC connector for 50 Ω signal sources
- On-board signal routing
- Support for signal wrap back
- Simple signal paths to reduce transmission line effects
- Pull-up and pull-down provided for control lines
- Support for isoPower
- Project area that supports surface-mount and through-hole devices
Documentation & Resources
Inside iCoupler® Technology:ADuM347x PWM Controller and Transformer Driver with Quad-Channel Isolators Design Summary12/10/2010
NAppkin Note: Lowering the Power of the ADuM524x12/10/2010
Medical Devices Demand Stringent Isolation Techniques9/28/2006
Isolation in Medical Applications7/1/2005
High Speed Digital Isolators Using Microscale On-Chip Transformers9/1/2003
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.