Digital Isolation Technology
Trusted safety and data integrity
ADI pairs deep domain and system-level design expertise with superior iCoupler digital isolation solutions.
2021 Digital Isolation and Interface Technology Selection Guide
Explore the latest releases in our Digital Isolation and Interface Technology Selection Guide 2021 to find signal chains and design options.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance Information
Enhanced Protection with iCoupler® Digital Isolation Solutions
In our increasingly digitalized world of modern factory automation, electric mobility, and advanced medical electronic equipment, ADI is the expert where electrical meets electronic. With ubiquitous connectivity and digitization, it’s more important than ever to protect people, assets, and data from high voltages via digital isolation technology.
Not only is ADI the world leader, but we have been pioneering advances in digital isolation for 20 years with both iCoupler digital isolation ICs and µModule BGA digital isolation. Our deep domain and system-level design expertise are paired with our innovativeiCoupler portfolio of best-in-class digital isolation technologies and solutions. ADI iCoupler enables unparalleled performance, reliability, and data integrity.
Explore ADI’s Digital Isolation Solutions
ADI’s iCoupler digital isolators enable robust solutions with the flexibility of up to six channels. Products meet stringent safety standards including the ability to isolate IS-IS with our intrinsically safe certified digital isolators. AEC Q100 automotive certified versions are also available.
- Standard Digital Isolators
ADI offers integrated, compact, robust, and reliable solutions that solve our customers’ protocol transmission challenges. Our broad portfolio offers solutions spanning isolated field bus (RS-485, CAN, and LVDS) as well as peripheral communications (I2C, USB, SPI, and RS-232).
- Isolated RS-485
- Isolated Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Isolated LVDS
- I2C Isolators
- USB Isolators
- SPI Isolators
- Isolated RS-232
Isolated Power Conversion
isoPower® chip-scale transformers remove design complexity and optimize power solutions. μModule devices create solutions that provide additional auxiliary isolated power. Isolated amplifiers provide power supply engineers with an upgrade in speed, temperature, and transient response over traditional optocoupler options.
- Isolation Amplifiers
- Isolated Gate Drivers
- Flyback, Forward & Isolated Controllers
The ADI iCoupler® Advantage
Seamless Integration for Ease of Use
Simplifies system design with the industry’s broadest portfolio for faster time to market and lower overall system cost.
Industry’s Highest-Speed and Highest-Voltage Isolation
Enables high resolution imaging systems and high bandwidth links between processors, when data and resolution are critical.
Ensures Data Integrity
Data remains complete—intact and on time in the harshest operating environments. This enables customers to meet regulatory requirements with shortened time to market.
Quality and Reliability for Trusted Safety
ADI is the leading innovator for digital isolation, providing best-in-class quality and comprehensive engineering resources. Our fully certified components and solutions create trust and instill peace of mind for customers.
Delivering Value in Key Application Areas
Fully certified components and solutions offer trusted automotive-grade safety.
Ensure accurate communication data reaches its destination complete and unharmed, even in the harshest environments.
Reinforced isolation and high noise immunity for protected system solutions when quality is critical for data and patients.
Meet the Scientist Behind the Science
ADI Fellow Baoxing Chen pioneered digital isolation technology. He has authored or coauthored more than 30 papers and holds 50 U.S. patents. Learn how Baoxing’s unique perspective has revolutionized isolation technology within both ADI and the industry.
iCoupler® Digital Isolator Products
5.7 kV rms, Quad-Channel LVDS 2.5 Gigabit Isolator with 10Gbps Total Bandwidth
Single Channel, High Voltage, Isolated Gate Driver with Miller Clamp Optimized for SiC
Automotive Grade Class B Quad-Channel Isolator with Integrated DC-to-DC Converter (3:1 directionality)
Featured iCoupler® Evaluation Platforms
Whether as a component or as part of a larger system level solution, EMC compliance must be met, and the best EMC design practices occur at the start of the design. Be prepared for the certification process and get ahead of the game with our selection of resources.
A Highly Integrated, System-Level Approach to Ease Design of Isolated Software Configurable I/O Channels
Energy Storage Systems Boost Electric Vehicles’ Fast Charger Infrastructure
Passing the Radiated Emissions Test: How to Eliminate Complex EMI Mitigation Techniques for Compact and Cost-Effective Isolated Designs
IBIS Modeling—Part 3: How to Achieve a Quality Level 3 IBIS Model Through Bench Measurement
I2C Communication Protocol: Understanding I2C Primer, PMBus, and SMBus
The Easy Steps to Calculate Sampling Clock Jitter for Isolated, Precision High Speed DAQs
- ADI's Precision Isolated Gate Drive and Sense Signal Chains
- Fundamentals of Isolated Gate Drivers SERIES
- ADI’s Complete Precision Signal Chains for Easy System Solutions
- ADI's ADN4624 5.7 kV rms Quad-Channel 2.5 Gigabit Isolator
- Tech Chat with Analog Devices: iCoupler Digital Isolation
- AN-1572: IEC 61000-4-x and CISPR 11 Tested Analog Input Design with AD4111 for Industrial Automation (Rev. 0) PDF
- AN-1535: ADuM4135 Gate Driver Performance Driving SiC Power Switches (Rev. 0) PDF
- AN-1458: Isolated RS-485 Repeater with Automatic Direction Control (Rev. 0) PDF
- AN-1468: Lightning Protection for Communication Interfaces in Avionics Applications (Rev. 0) PDF
- AN-1397: Using the ADM3065E 50 Mbps RS-485 Transceiver in EnDat Motor Control Encoder Applications (Rev. A) PDF
- Analog Devices’ Baoxing Chen Named IEEE Fellow
- Analog Devices Launches Isolation Technology to Maximize Power Efficiency and Minimize Emissions as Factories Migrate to Industry 4.0
- Analog Devices’ Latest Safety Isolated CAN FD Transceivers Deliver 12 Mbps “Future-Proof” Networks
- Analog Devices’ Isolated Power Converters Support Class B System EMI Levels
- Analog Devices’ High Power and High Voltage Isolated Gate Driver Board for Microsemi SiC Power Module Improves Time to Market
Product Selection Guide
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures
- The Industry’s First 10Gbps Digital Isolator PDF
- ADuM4146 Isolated SiC Gate Brochure PDF
- ADI Isolated Gate Drivers and Wolfspeed SiC MOSFETs PDF
- Enhanced Protection with the Latest iCoupler® Digital Isolation PDF
- Low Noise Isolated CAN FD Transceivers for Higher Data Rates and Low Loop Delays PDF
- Power Management Choices for Signal Chains: Keeping all the precision you designed for
- Bullseye! Transforming the Precision Narrow Bandwidth Design Journey
- Fastest Ever – Innovate with 2.5 Gigabit Digital Isolators
- The Road to an All EV Future: Enabling Test & Measurement Solutions for Electric Vehicles
- Short Circuit Protection for SiC with Isolated Gate Drivers