Features and Benefits
- Ultralow Quiescent Current: 1.8μA
- Synchronous Rectification: Efficiency Up to 95%
- Wide VIN Range: 2.5V to 15V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.6V to 13.8V
- 300mA Output Current
- User-Selectable Automatic Burst Mode® or Forced Continuous Operation
- Accurate and Programmable RUN Pin Threshold
- 1.2MHz Fixed Frequency PWM
- Internal Compensation
- Power Good Status Output for VOUT
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm, 10-Pin DFN and 10-Pin MSOP Packages
The LTC3103 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous step-down converter using a current mode architecture capable of supplying 300mA of output current.
The LTC3103 offers two operational modes: automatic Burst Mode operation and forced continuous mode allowing the user the ability to optimize output voltage ripple, noise and light load efficiency. With Burst Mode operation enabled, the typical DC input supply current at no load drops to 1.8μA maximizing the efficiency for light loads. Selection of forced continuous mode provides very low noise constant frequency, 1.2MHz operation.
Additionally, the LTC3103 includes an accurate RUN comparator, thermal overload protection, a power good output and an integrated soft-start feature to guarantee that the power system start-up is well controlled.
- Remote Sensor Networks
- Distributed Power Systems
- Multicell Battery or SuperCap Regulator
- Energy Harvesters
- Portable Instruments
- Low Power Wireless Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration Circuit 1883A features the LTC3103, a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous step-down converter using a current mode architecture capable of supplying 300mA of output current. The IC operates with a fixed frequency oscillator at 1.2MHz. The LTC3103 has two user selectable (JP2) operating modes: Burst Mode® operation and forced continuous operation (fixed frequency PWM). The IC has internal compensation and an accurate programmable RUN pin.
The LTC3103 operates with a 2.5V to 15V input voltage range. The demo board has been designed with a main output set to 1.8V.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Cyclone V E Development Kit
Altera Cyclone V E Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.