Features and Benefits
- Outputs May Be Paralleled for Higher Output Current or Heat Spreading
- Maximum Output Current: 200mA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 40V
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Stable with Minimum 2.2μF Ceramic Capacitors
- Single Resistor Sets Output Voltage
- Initial Set Pin Current Accuracy: 1%
- Low Output Noise: 33μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- Reverse-Current Protection
- <1mV Load Regulation Typical
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation Typical
- Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Available in 8-Lead SOT-23, 3-Lead SOT-223 and 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT3082 is a 200mA low dropout linear regulator that can be paralleled to increase output current or spread heat in surface mounted boards. Architected as a precision current source and voltage follower, this regulator benefits many applications requiring high current, adjustability to zero and no heat sink. The LT3082 withstands reverse input voltages and reverse output-to-input voltages without reverse-current flow.
A key feature of the LT3082 is the capability to supply a wide output voltage range. A precision “0” TC 10μA reference current source drives a single resistor to program the output voltage to any level between zero and 38.5V. The LT3082 is stable with only 2.2μF of capacitance on the output; the IC uses small ceramic capacitors that do not require additional ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3082 is offered in the thermally enhanced 8-lead TSOT-23, 3-lead SOT-223 and 8-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
- All-Surface Mount Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Parts Count Variable Voltage Supply
- Low Output Voltage Supply
- Battery Powered Regulator
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1447A is an adjustable 200mA linear regulator featuring LT3082. Architected as a precision current source and voltage follower, it allows this new regulator to be used in many applications with adjustability to zero output. The LT3082 has an input range of 1.2V to 40V, but the demo board limits this range to 2.8V to 35V. The LT3082 withstands reverse input voltages and reverse output-to-input voltages without reverse-current flow.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
LT3082 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
Product Selector Card (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.