Features and Benefits
- Output Current: 1.1A
- Dropout Voltage: 310mV
- Low Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- 500μA Quiescent Current (Adjustable Version)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Controlled Quiescent Current in Dropout
- Adjustable Output from 1.20V to 19.5V
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V
- < 1μA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 10μF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic or Tantalum Capacitors
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Current Limit with Foldback Protection
- Thermal Limiting
- 5-Lead TO-220, DD-Pak, Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead MSOP and 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT1965 series are low noise, low dropout linear regulators. The devices supply 1.1A of output current with a 310mV typical dropout voltage. Operating quiescent current is 500μA for the adjustable version, reducing to <1μA in shutdown. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as with many other regulators. The LT1965 regulators have very low output noise which makes them ideal for sensitive RF and DSP supply applications.
Output voltage ranges from 1.20V to 19.5V. The LT1965 regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 10μF. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, current limiting with foldback, thermal limiting and reverse-current protection. The LT1965 series are available in fixed output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, and as an adjustable device with a 1.20V reference voltage. The package offerings include the 5-lead TO-220, 5-lead DD-Pak as well as the thermally enhanced 8-lead MSOP and low profile (0.75mm) 8-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN.
- Logic Power Supplies
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Noise Instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1172A is a low dropout linear regulator featuring the LT1965 in the 3 × 3 DFN-8 package. The demo board has an input voltage range from 2.3V to 20V, and is capable of delivering up to 1.1A of output current. The output voltage is jumper-selectable and can be set to 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V or a user-determined value.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.