Features and Benefits
- Complete 20A Switch Mode Power Supply
- 4.5V to 20V Input Voltage Range
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage Range
- ±1.5% Total DC Output Voltage Error (–40°C to 125°C)
- Differential Remote Sense Amplifier for Precision Regulation for (VOUT ≤ 3.3V)
- Current Mode Control/Fast Transient Response
- Parallel Current Sharing (Up to 80A)
- Frequency Synchronization
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode® Operation
- Soft-Start/Voltage Tracking
- Up to 88% Efficiency (12VIN, 1.8VOUT)
- Overcurrent Foldback Protection
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Internal Temperature Monitor
- Overtemperature Protection
- 15mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA and 15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm BGA Packages
- SnPb (BGA) or RoHS Compliant (LGA and BGA) Finish
The LTM4637 is a complete 20A output high efficiency switch mode step-down DC/DC μModule (power module) regulator. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and compensation components. Operating over an input voltage range from 4.5V to 20V, the LTM4637 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Only a few input and output capacitors are needed.
Current mode operation allows precision current sharing of up to four LTM4637 regulators to obtain up to 80A output. High switching frequency and a current mode architecture enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability. The device supports frequency synchronization, multiphase/current sharing, Burst Mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. A diode-connected PNP transistor is available for use as an internal temperature monitor.
The LTM4637 is offered in 15mm × 15mm × 4.32mm LGA and 15mm × 15mm × 4.92mm packages. The LTM4637 is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish. The LTM4637 is pin compatible with the LTM4627, a 15A DC/DC μModule regulator.
- Telecom Servers and Networking Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Systems
- High Ambient Temperature Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit DC1872A features the LTM4637EV, a high efficiency, high density switch mode step-down power μModule® regulator. The input voltage range is from 4.5V to 20V. The output voltage is jumper programmable from 1.0V to 1.8V with a rated load current of 20A. Derating is necessary for certain VIN, VOUT, frequency and thermal conditions.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
LTpowerCAD Project Files
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Altera Arria 10 FPGA Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Product Selector Card (3)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.