Features and Benefits
- Quad Output Step-Down µModule® Regulator with Dual 12A and Dual 5A Output
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 20V
- Dual 12A DC Output from 0.6V to 3.3V
- Dual 5A DC Output from 0.6V to 5.5V
- Up to 7W Power Dissipation (TA = 60°C, 200LFM, No Heat Sink)
- ±1.5% Total Output Voltage Regulation
- Dual Differential Sensing Amplifier
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- Parallelable for Higher Output Current
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Internal Temperature Sensing Diode Output
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Overvoltage, Current and Temperature Protection
- 9.5mm × 16mm × 4.72mm BGA Package
The LTM4671 is a quad DC/DC step-down µModule (micromodule) regulator offering dual 12A and dual 5A output. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power FETs, inductors and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.1V to 20V, the LTM4671 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 3.3V for two 12A channels and 0.6V to 5.5V for two 5A channels, each set by a single external resistor. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection. The LTM4671 is offered in 9.5mm × 16mm × 4.72mm BGA package.
- Multirail Point-of-Load Regulation
- FPGAs, DSPs and ASICs Applications
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2659A features the LTM4671 µModule® regulator, a high performance high efficiency four output step-down regulator. The LTM4671EY has an operating input voltage range of 3.6V to 20V providing up to 12A from each of its two higher current rails and up to 5A from each of its two lower current rails. The two higher current rails’ output voltage is programmable from 0.6V to 3.3V while the two lower current rails’ output voltage is programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V. High current rails can be paralleled together, and lower current rails can be paralleled together to satisfy higher rail current requirements. The LTM4671EY is a complete multi-output DC-DC point-of-load regulator in a thermally enhanced 16mm × 9.5mm × 4.82mm BGA package requiring only a few input and output capacitors. Output voltage tracking is made available by the TRACK/SS pins for supply rail sequencing. Temperature sensing options are included via the TSENSE and TMON pins. External clock synchronization is available through the CLKIN pins, CLKOUT pins provide for optional synchronization of additional module phases. The LTM4671 data sheet must be read in conjunction with this demo manual for working on or modifying demo circuit 2659A.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Stratix 10 GX Signal Integrity Development Kit
Stratix 10 GX Signal Integrity Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX SI development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations for an alternate power tree that allows for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.