Features and Benefits
- 2.6mm x 2mm WLCSP Package
- Fully programmable via I2C
- Flexible digital control inputs
- Up to 2.1 A current from an ac charger in LDO mode
- Operating input voltage from 4.0 Vup to 6.7 V
- Tolerant input voltage -0.5 V to +20 V (USB VBUS)
- Fully compatible with USB 3.0 and USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2
- Built-in current sensing and limiting
- Down to 30 mΩ battery isolation FET between battery and charger output
- Thermal regulation prevents over heating
- Compliant with JEITA 1 and JEITA 2 Li-Ion battery charging temperature specifications
- SYS_EN flag permits the system to be disabled until battery is at minimum required level for guaranteed system start-up.
Product DetailsThe ADP5061 charger is fully compliant with USB 3.0 and the USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 and enables charging via the mini USB VBUS pin from a wall charger, car charger, or USB host port.
The ADP5061 operates from a 4 V to 6.7 V input voltage range but is tolerant of voltages up to 20 V. The 20 V voltage tolerance alleviates the concerns about the USB bus spiking during dis-connect or connect scenarios.
The ADP5061 features an internal FET between the linear charger output and the battery. This permits battery isolation and, hence, system powering under a dead battery or no battery scenario, which allows for immediate system function on connec-tion to a USB power supply.
Based on the type of USB source, which is detected by an external USB detection chip, the ADP5061 can be set to apply the correct current limit for optimal charging and USB compliance.
The ADP5061 has three factory programmable digital input/output pins that provide maximum flexibility for different systems. These digital input/output pins permit combinations of features such as, input current limits, charging enable and disable, charging current limits, and a dedicated interrupt output pin.
- Digital still cameras
- Digital video cameras
- Single cell Li-Ion portable equipment
- PDA’s, audio, GPS Devices
- Portable medical devices
- Mobile phones
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5061 charger evaluation system is composed of an evaluation board, an USB A-to-USB Micro B cable, and an USB A adapter board. All evaluation board functions and circuits are controlled via one I2C bus connector. The I2C bus interfaces with the ADP5061 directly, and the digital input/output signals are controlled through an on-board input/output expander circuit on the I2C bus. The evaluation board also features a 3.4 V regulator for VDDIO generation. The board contains jumpers and numerous test points for easy evaluation.
The ADP5061CB-EVALZ evaluation kit contains a CD with the ADP5061 graphical user interface (GUI) Version 3.0 installer. Use the GUI in conjunction with the USB-SDP-CABLEZ USB to serial I/O interface.
Full performance details are provided in the ADP5061 data sheet, and the ADP5061 data sheet should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage 4.0 V to 6.7 V
- High current terminals for ADP5061 power connection (VINx), system voltage (ISO_Sx), and battery voltage (ISO_Bx) pins
- ADP5061 operation configurable via I2C interface
- Evaluation software included
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.