Features and Benefits
- Direct RF synthesis at 2.5 GSPS update rate
- DC to 1.25 GHz in baseband mode
- 1.25 GHz to 3.0 GHz in mix mode
- Industry leading single/multicarrier IF or RF synthesis
- fOUT = 350 MHz, ACLR =80 dBc
- fOUT = 950 MHz, ACLR = 78 dBc
- fOUT = 2100 MHz, ACLR = 69 dBc
- Dual-port LVDS data interface
- Up to 1.25 GSPS operation
- Source synchronous DDR clocking
- Pin-compatible with the AD9739A
- Multichip synchronization capability
- Programmable output current: 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA
- Low power: 1.16 W at 2.5 GSPS
The AD9739 is a 14-bit, 2.5 GSPS high performance RF digital-to-analog converter (DAC) capable of synthesizing wideband signals from dc up to 3.0 GHz. Its DAC core features a quad-switch architecture that provides exceptionally low distortion performance with an industry-leading direct RF synthesis capability. This feature enables multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency in baseband mode as well as second and third Nyquist zones in mix mode. The output current can be programmed over the 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA range.
The inclusion of on-chip controllers simplifies system integration. A dual-port, source synchronous, LVDS interface simplifies the digital interface with existing FGPA/ASIC technology. On-chip controllers are used to manage external and internal clock domain variations over temperature to ensure reliable data transfer from the host to the DAC core. Multichip synchronization is possible with an on-chip synchronization controller. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is used for device configuration as well as readback of status registers.
The AD9739 is manufactured on a 0.18 μm CMOS process and operates from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies. It is supplied in a 160-ball chip scale ball grid array for reduced package parasitics.
- Ability to synthesize high quality wideband signals with bandwidths of up to 1.25 GHz in the first or second Nyquist zone.
- A proprietary quad-switch DAC architecture provides exceptional ac linearity performance while enabling mix mode operation.
- A dual-port, double data rate, LVDS interface supports the maximum conversion rate of 2500 MSPS.
- On-chip controllers manage external and internal clock domain skews.
- A multichip synchronization capability.
- Programmable differential current output with an 8.66 mA to 31.66 mA range.
- Broadband communications systems
- Military jammers
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment
- Radar, avionics
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9739.
Features & Benefits
- Evaluation board for the AD9739
- Includes options to evaluate the DAC
- USB interface for configuration
- Internal or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
- Compatible with EVAL-SDP-CH1Z or ADS7-V2EBZ
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Software & Systems Requirements
ACE Evaluation Software
Tools & Simulations
AD9739 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Source
- For multi-chip synchronization: ADCLK946.
- For a PLL clock source with integrated VCO: ADF4350.
- For a clock and data buffer: ADCLK914.
- For a PLL clock source: ADF4150.
Recommended Clock Distribution Device
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.