Features and Benefits
- Fractional-N synthesizer and integer-N synthesizer
- Programmable divide-by-1/-2/-4/-8/-16 output
- 5.0 GHz RF bandwidth
- 3.0 V to 3.6 V power supply
- 1.8 V logic compatibility
- Separate charge pump supply (VP) allows extended tuning voltage in 3 V systems
- Programmable dual-modulus prescaler of 4/5 or 8/9
- Programmable output power level
- RF output mute function
- 3-wire serial interface
- Analog and digital lock detect
- Switched bandwidth fast-lock mode
- Cycle slip reduction
The ADF4150 allows implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers if used with an external voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO), loop filter, and external reference frequency.
The ADF4150 is for use with external VCO parts and is software compatible with the ADF4350. The VCO frequency can be divided by 1/2/4/8/16 to allow the user to generate RF output frequencies as low as 31.25 MHz. For applications that require isolation the RF output stage can be muted. The mute function is both pin and software controllable.
Control of all the on-chip registers is through a simple 3-wire interface. The device operates with a power supply ranging from 3.0 V to 3.6 V and can be powered down when not in use.
The ADF4150 is available in a 4 mm × 4 mm package.
- Wireless infrastructure (W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WiMax, GSM, PCS, DCS, DECT)
- Test equipment
- Wireless LANs, CATV equipment
- Clock generation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains ordering information for the evaluation board used to evaluate the ADF4150 Fractional-N/Integer-N PLL Synthesizer.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADF4150 Companion Parts
Recommended Linear Regulators
- For high accuracy, 5V applications: ADP3334.
- For ultalow noise, 3V applications, 200mA output: ADP151.
- For a step up, 3V to 5V regulator: ADP1613.
- For ultralow noise, 3V applications,150mA output: ADP150.
Recommended Divide-by-4 Prescaler
- For a low noise, low power, fixed RF block: ADF5001.
Recommended PLL Active Filter
- For an ultralow noise, rail-to-rail amplifier: OP184.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.