New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- JEDEC JESD204B/JESD204C support
- Low additive jitter: <15 fs rms at 2457.6 MHz (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- Very low noise floor: −155.2 dBc/Hz at 983.04 MHz
- Up to 14 LVDS, LVPECL, or CML type device clocks (DCLKs)
- Maximum CLKOUTx/CLKOUTx and SCLKOUTx/SCLKOUTx frequency of 3200 MHz
- JESD204B/JESD204C-compatible system reference (SYSREF) pulses
- 25 ps analog and ½ clock input cycle digital delay independently programmable on each of 14 clock output channels
- SPI-programmable adjustable noise floor vs. power consumption
- SYSREF valid interrupt to simplify JESD204B/JESD204C synchronization
- Supports deterministic synchronization of multiple HMC7043 devices
- RFSYNC pin or SPI-controlled SYNC trigger for output synchronization of JESD204B/JESD204C
- GPIO alarm/status indicator to determine the health of the system
- Clock input to support up to 6 GHz
- On-board regulator for excellent PSRR
- 48-lead, 7 mm × 7 mm LFCSP package
The HMC7043 is designed to meet the requirements of multicarrier GSM and LTE base station designs, and offers a wide range of clock management and distribution features to simplify baseband and radio card clock tree designs.
The HMC7043 provides 14 low noise and configurable outputs to offer flexibility in interfacing with many different components in a base transceiver station (BTS) system, such as data converters, local oscillators, transmit/receive modules, field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital front-end ASICs. The HMC7043 can generate up to seven DCLK and SYSREF clock pairs per the JESD204B/JESD204C interface requirements.
The system designer can generate a lower number of DCLK and SYSREF pairs, and configure the remaining output signal paths for independent phase and frequency. Both the DCLK and SYSREF clock outputs can be configured to support different signaling standards, including CML, LVDS, LVPECL, and LVCMOS, and different bias conditions to adjust for varying board insertion losses.
One of the unique features of the HMC7043 is the independent flexible phase management of each of the 14 channels. All 14 channels feature both frequency and phase adjustment. The outputs can also be programmed for 50 Ω or 100 Ω internal and external termination options.
The HMC7043 device features an RF SYNC feature that synchronizes multiple HMC7043 devices deterministically, that is, ensures that all clock outputs start with the same edge. This operation is achieved by rephrasing the nested HMC7043 or SYSREF control unit/divider, deterministically, and then restarting the output dividers with this new phase.
The HMC7043 is offered in a 48-lead, 7 mm × 7 mm LFCSP package with an exposed pad connected to ground.
- JESD204B/JESD204C clock generation
- Cellular infrastructure (multicarrier GSM, LTE, W-CDMA)
- Data converter clocking
- Phase array reference distribution
- Microwave baseband cards
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The HMC7043 is a high performance clock buffer for the distribution of ultralow phase noise references for high speed data converters with either parallel or serial (JESD204B/JESD204C type) interfaces. The HMC7043 is designed to meet the requirements of multicarrier GSM and LTE base station designs, and offers a wide range of clock management and distribution features to simplify baseband and radio card clock tree designs.
The EK1HMC7043LP7F evaluation kit is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating all the features of the HMC7043. All inputs and outputs are configured as differential on the EV2HMC7043LP7F evaluation board.
Full specifications on the HMC7043 are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide UG-826 when working with the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Simple power connection using USB connection and on-board low dropout (LDO) voltage regulator
- LDO can be bypassed for power measurements
- AC-coupled differential SMA connectors
- SMA connectors for
1 clock input
1 RF sync input
6 clock outputs
- Microsoft® Windows®–based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface (GUI)
- Easy access to digital input/output and diagnostic signals via input/output header (GPIO)
- Status LED for diagnostic signals
- USB computer interface
Tools & Simulations
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.