New Content (1)
Technical ArticlesWhat Is JESD204 and Why Should We Pay Attention to It?
Features and Benefits
- JESD204A coded serial digital outputs
- SNR = 73.7 dBFS at 70 MHz and 80 MSPS
- SNR = 71.7 dBFS at 70 MHz and 155 MSPS
- SFDR = 92 dBc at 70 MHz and 80 MSPS
- SFDR = 92 dBc at 70 MHz and 155 MSPS
- Low power: 423 mW at 80 MSPS, 567 mW at 155 MSPS
- 1.8 V supply operation
- IF sampling frequencies to 250 MHz
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
−148.6 dBFS/Hz input noise at 180 MHz and 80 MSPS
- -150.3 dBFS/Hz input noise at 180 MHz and 155 MSPS
- Please see data sheet for additional features
The AD9644 is a dual, 14-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a high speed serial output interface and sampling speeds of either 80 MSPS or 155 MSPS.
The AD9644 is designed to support communications appli-cations where high performance, combined with low cost, small size, and versatility, is desired. The JESD204A high speed serial interface reduces board routing requirements and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device.
The dual ADC core features a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic. Each ADC features wide bandwidth differential sample-and-hold analog input amplifiers that support a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design consid-erations. A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance.
By default, the ADC output data is routed directly to the two external JESD204A serial output ports. These outputs are at CML voltage levels. Two modes are supported such that output coded data is either sent through one data link or two. (L = 1; F = 4 or L = 2; F = 2). Independent synchronization inputs (DSYNC) are provided for each channel.
Flexible power-down options allow significant power savings, when desired.
Programming for setup and control is accomplished using a 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface.
The AD9644 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP and is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
This product is protected by a U.S. patent.Applications
- Diversity radio systems
- Multimode digital receivers (3G and 4G)
GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, LTE,
CDMA2000, WiMAX, TD-SCDMA
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Smart antenna systems
- General-purpose software radios
- Broadband data applications
- Ultrasound equipment
- An on-chip PLL allows users to provide a single ADC sampling clock; the PLL multiplies the ADC sampling clock to produce the corresponding data rate clock.
- The configurable JESD204A output block supports up to 1.6 Gbps per channel data rate when using a dedicated data link per ADC or 3.2 Gbps data rate when using a single shared data link for both ADCs.
- Proprietary differential input that maintains excellent SNR performance for input frequencies up to 250 MHz.
- Operation from a single 1.8 V power supply.
- Standard serial port interface (SPI) that supports various product features and functions, such as data formatting (offset binary, twos complement, or gray coding), enabling the clock DCS, power-down, test modes, voltage reference mode, and serial output configuration.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9644.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9644 or AD9641
- SPI interface for setup and control
- External clock, on-board oscillator, and AD9524 clocking options
- Balun/transformer and amplifier input drive options
- LDO regulator and switching power supply options
- VisualAnalog® and SPI controller software interfaces
Application Notes (9)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
AD9644 Companion Parts
Recommended Clock Drivers
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.