Features and Benefits
- Single 1.8 V supply operation
- SNR: 49.3 dBFS at 200 MHz input at 250 MSPS
- SFDR: 65 dBc at 200 MHz input at 250 MSPS
- Low power: 314 mW at 250 MSPS
- On-chip reference and track-and-hold
- 1.2 V p-p analog input range each channel
- Differential input with 500 MHz bandwidth
- DNL: ±0.2 LSB
- Serial port control options
Offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement data format
Optional clock duty cycle stabilizer
Built-in selectable digital test pattern generation
- Pin-programmable power-down function
- Available in 48-lead LFCSP
The AD9284 is a dual 8-bit, monolithic sampling, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that supports simultaneous operation and is optimized for low cost, low power, and ease of use. Each ADC operates at up to a 250 MSPS conversion rate with outstanding dynamic performance.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V supply and an encode clock for full performance operation. No external reference components are required for many applications. The digital outputs are LVDS compatible.
The AD9284 is available in a Pb-free, 48-lead LFCSP that is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated dual 8-bit , 250 MSPS ADC.
- Single 1.8 V supply operation with LVDS outputs.
- Power-down option that is controlled through a pin programmable setting.
- Diversity radio systems
- I/Q demodulation systems
- Battery-powered instruments
- Handheld scope meters
- Low cost digital oscilloscopes
- OTS: video over fiber
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9284.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9284
- SPI interface for setup and control
- Support LVDS output mode option
- External or on-board oscillator options
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive options
- Switching power supply
- VisualAnalog™ and SPIController software interfaces
The HSC-ADC-EVALCZ high speed converter evaluation platform uses an FPGA based buffer memory board to capture blocks of digital data from the Analog Devices high speed analog-to-digital converter (ADC) evaluation boards. The board is connected to the PC through a USB port and is used with VisualAnalog® to quickly evaluate the performance of high speed ADCs. The evaluation kit is easy to set up. Additional equipment needed includes an Analog Devices high speed ADC evaluation board, a signal source, and a clock source. Once the kit is connected and powered, the evaluation is enabled instantly on the PC.
Features & Benefits
- 64kB FIFO Depth
- Works with single and multi-channel ADCs
- Use with VisualAnalog® software
- Based on Virtex-4 FPGA
- May require adaptor to interface with some ADC eval boards
- Allows programming of SPI control Up to 644 MSPS SDR / 800MSPS DDR Encode Rates on each channel
- DDR Encode Rates on each channel
Application Notes (15)
Tools & Simulations
Virtual Eval - BETA
Virtual Eval is a web application to assist designers in product evaluation of ADCs, DACs, and other ADI products. Using detailed models on Analog’s servers, Virtual Eval simulates crucial part performance characteristics within seconds. Configure operating conditions such as input tones and external jitter, as well as device features like gain or digital down-conversion. Performance characteristics include noise, distortion, and resolution, FFTs, timing diagrams, response plots, and more.
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.