Features and Benefits
- Multiple pins/software programmable input ranges: 5 V, 10 V, ±5 V, ±10 V
- Pins or serial SPI®-compatible input ranges/mode selection
- Throughput: 250 kSPS
- 16-bit resolution with no missing codes
- INL: ±0.75 LSB typ, ±1.5 LSB max (±23 ppm of FSR)
- SNR: 94 dB @ 2 kHz
- iCMOS® process technology
- 5 V internal reference: typical drift 3 ppm/°C
- On-chip temperature sensor
- No pipeline delay (SAR architecture)
- Parallel (16- or 8-bit bus) and serial 5 V/3.3 V interface
- Power dissipation
- 90 mW @ 250 kSPS
- 10 mW @ 1 kSPS
- 48-lead LQFP and LFCSP (7 mm × 7 mm) packages
Product DetailsThe AD7610 is a 16-bit charge redistribution successive approximation register (SAR), architecture analog-to-digital converter (ADC) fabricated on Analog Devices, Inc.'s iCMOS high voltage process. The device is configured through hardware or via a dedicated write only serial configuration port for input range and operating mode. The AD7610 contains a high speed 16-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock, an internal reference (and buffer), error correction circuits, and both serial and parallel system interface ports. A falling edge on CNVST samples the analog input on IN+ with respect to a ground sense, IN−. The AD7610 features four different analog input ranges: 0 V to 5 V, 0 V to 10 V, ±5 V, and ±10 V. Power consumption is scaled linearly with throughput. The device is available in Pb-free 48-lead, low-profile quad flat package (LQFP) and a lead frame chip-scale (LFCSP_VQ) package. Operation is specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Process control
- Medical instruments
- High speed data acquisition
- Digital signal processing
- Spectrum analysis
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7610EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7610. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
AD7610 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI Interface, smallest package, low voltage I/O (1.8 V to 5.5 V): ADUM3481.
- For SPI Interface, enhanced system-level ESD performance, 2.5 kVrms isolation: ADUM3401.
- For SPI Interface, lowest power, 2.5 kVrms isolation: ADUM1401.
- For SPI Interface, low power, 5.0 kVrms isolation: ADUM4401.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
Recommended External Voltage References
- For low drift and low noise applications: ADR444, ADR4550.
- For low drift and high current output applications: ADR435.
Recommended Voltage Regulators
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.