Features and Benefits
- Fast throughput rate: 1 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.7 V to 5.25 V
- Low power at maximum throughput rates
- 5.4 mW maximum at 870 kSPS with 3 V supplies
- 12.5 mW maximum at 1 MSPS with 5 V supplies
- 16 (single-ended) inputs with sequencer
- Wide input bandwidth: 69.5 dB SNR at 50 kHz input frequency
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- High speed serial interface, SPI/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/ DSP compatible
- Full shutdown mode: 0.5 μA maximum
- 28-lead TSSOP and 32-lead LFCSP packages
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Download AD7490-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/12635 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD7490 is a 12-bit high speed, low power, 16-channel, successive approximation ADC. The part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. The part contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 1 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock signal, allowing the device to easily interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS, and conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The AD7490 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. For maximum throughput rates, the AD7490 consumes just 1.8 mA with 3 V supplies, and 2.5 mA with 5 V supplies.
By setting the relevant bits in the control register, the analog input range for the part can be selected to be a 0 V to REFIN input or a 0 V to 2 × REFIN input, with either straight binary or twos complement output coding. The AD7490 features 16 single-ended analog inputs with a channel sequencer to allow a preprogrammed selection of channels to be converted sequen-tially. The conversion time is determined by the SCLK frequency because this is also used as the master clock to control the conversion.
The AD7490 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP and a 28-lead TSSOP package.
- Multichannel system monitoring
- Battery-powered equipment
- Power line monitoring
- Data acquisition, instrumentation, and process control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7490SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7490. This board operates in standalone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
Documentation & Resources
The Data Conversion Handbook, 20051/2/2005
SAR ADC & Driver Quick-Match Guide9/13/2013
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7490 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For single supply, high speed, low power: AD8031, ADA4841-1.
- For high performance, high speed: ADA4899-1, ADA4897-1, AD8021.
- For low distortion, low noise, dual supplies: AD8599.
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1.
- For precision, low noise, single supply: AD8605.
Recommended External Voltage References
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.