Features and Benefits
- Ultracompact SC70 and TSOT packages
- Low temperature coefficient
- 8-lead SOIC: 3 ppm/°C typical
- 5-lead SC70: 9 ppm/°C maximum
- 5-lead TSOT: 9 ppm/°C maximum
- Initial accuracy ±0.1%
- No external capacitor required
- Low noise 10 μV p-p, 0.1 Hz to 10.0 Hz (ADR02)
- Wide operating range
- ADR01: 12.0 V to 36.0 V
- ADR02: 7.0 V to 36.0 V
- ADR03: 4.5 V to 36.0 V
- ADR06: 5.0 V to 36.0 V
- High output current 10 mA
- Wide temperature range: –40°C to +125°C
- ADR01/ADR02/ADR03 pin compatible to industry-standard REF01/REF02/REF03
- ADR01, ADR02, ADR03 and ADR06 SOIC (A grade) qualified for automotive applications
ADR03-EP supports defense and aerospace applications (AQEC standard)
- Download ADR03-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range −55°C to +125°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
The ADR01, ADR02, ADR03, and ADR06 are precision 10.0 V, 5.0 V, 2.5 V, and 3.0 V, respectively, band gap voltage references featuring high accuracy, high stability, and low power consumption. The devices are housed in tiny, 5-lead SC70 and TSOT packages, as well as in 8-lead SOIC version. The SOIC version of the ADR01, ADR02, and ADR03 are drop-in replacements1 to the industry-standard REF01, REF02, and REF03. The small footprint and wide operating range make the ADR01, ADR02, ADR03, and ADR06 references ideally suited for general-purpose and space-constrained applications.
With an external buffer and a simple resistor network, the TEMP pin can be used for temperature sensing and approximation. A TRIM pin is provided on the devices for fine adjustment of the output voltage.
The ADR01, ADR02, ADR03, and ADR06 are compact, low drift voltage references that provide a stable output voltage from a wide supply voltage range. The devices are available in 5-lead SC70 and TSOT packages and an 8-lead SOIC package with A, B, and C grade selections. All devices are specified over the extended industrial (−40°C to +125°C) temperature range. The ADR01, ADR02, ADR03, and ADR06 A grade in 8-lead SOIC are qualified for automotive applications.
- Precision data acquisition systems
- High resolution converters
- Industrial process control systems
- Precision instruments
- Auto battery monitoring
- PCMCIA cards
1 ADR01, ADR02, and ADR03 are component level compatible with REF01, REF02, and REF03, respectively. No guarantees for system level compatibility are implied. SOIC versions of ADR01, ADR02, and ADR03 are pin-to-pin compatible with the 8-lead SOIC versions of the REF01, REF02, REF03, respectively, with the additional temperature monitoring function.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.