Features and Benefits
- Fast throughput rate: 1 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to 5.25 V
- Low power:
- 3.6 mW Typ at 1 MSPS with 3 V supplies
- 15 mW Typ at 1 MSPS with 5 V supplies
- Wide input bandwidth: 70 dB SNR at 100 kHz input frequency
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- High speed serial interface SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP compatible
- Standby mode: 1 µA max
- 6-lead SOT-23 package
- Download AD7476-EP Data Sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available upon request
- V62/11611 DSCC Drawing Number
Product DetailsThe AD7476/AD7477/AD7478 are, respectively, 12-bit, 10-bit, and 8-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation ADCs. The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 5.25 V power supply and feature throughput rates up to 1 MSPS. Each part contains a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 6 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with these parts.
The AD7476/AD7477/AD7478 use advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates. The reference for the parts is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC. Thus, the analog input range for the parts are 0 V to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7476ACBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7476A. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Application Notes (7)
Software & Systems Requirements
AD7476 Companion Parts
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
- For precision, single supply, low cost, R-R In/Out: AD8615, AD8655, ADA4084-2.
- For low frequency and low bias current: ADA4627-1.
- For precision, wide supply, low cost: ADA4000-1.
- For high speed and low noise: ADA4841-1, ADA4897-1, ADA4899-1.
Recommended External Voltage References
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.