Pin-to-pin upgrade with higher noise immunity, reinforced rating and higher CMTI
New Content (1)
Solutions Bulletins & BrochuresEnhanced Protection with the Latest iCoupler® Digital Isolation
Features and Benefits
- Enhanced system-level ESD performance per IEC 61000-4-x
- Low power operation
- 5 V operation
- 2.0 mA per channel maximum at 0 Mbps to 2 Mbps
- 4.1 mA per channel maximum at 10 Mbps
- 36 mA per channel maximum at 90 Mbps
- 3.3 V operation
- 1.0 mA per channel maximum at 0 Mbps to 2 Mbps
- 2.8 mA per channel maximum at 10 Mbps
- 17 mA per channel maximum at 90 Mbps
- 5 V operation
- Bidirectional communication
- 3.3 V/5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High data rate: dc to 90 Mbps (NRZ)
- Precise timing characteristics
- 2 ns maximum pulse width distortion
- 2 ns maximum channel-to-channel matching
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Output enable function
- 16-lead SOIC wide body, RoHS-compliant package
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition: 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE Certificate of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- VIORM = 560 V peak
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
The ADuM3300/ADuM3301 are 3-channel digital isolators based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives, such as optocoupler devices.
iCoupler devices remove the design difficulties commonly associated with optocouplers. Typical optocoupler concerns regarding uncertain current transfer ratios, nonlinear transfer functions, and temperature and lifetime effects are eliminated with the simple iCoupler digital interfaces and stable performance characteristics. The need for external drivers and other discrete components is eliminated with these iCoupler products. Furthermore, iCoupler devices consume one-tenth to one-sixth the power of optocouplers at comparable signal data rates.
The ADuM3300/ADuM3301 isolators provide three independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates. All models operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 3.3 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling a voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. The ADuM3300/ADuM3301 isolators have a patented refresh feature that ensures dc correctness in the absence of input logic transitions and during power-up/power-down conditions.
In comparison to ADuM1300/ADuM1301 isolators, ADuM3300/ADuM3301 isolators contain various circuit and layout changes to provide increased capability relative to system-level IEC 61000-4-x testing (ESD, burst, and surge). The precise capability in these tests for either the ADuM1300/ADuM1301 or ADuM3300/ADuM3301 products is strongly determined by the design and layout of the user’s system.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- SPI interface/data converter isolation
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
EVAL-ADuMQSEBZ can be used with most iCoupler® and isoPower(R) isolation products in the 16-lead, wide-body SOIC and QSOP packages. The evaluation board supports the common pad positions for power, ground, and I/O pins.
Supported iCoupler® Products
Features & Benefits
- Convenient connections for power through screw terminal blocks
- Add-on BNC connector for 50 Ω signal sources
- On-board signal routing
- Support for signal wrap back
- Simple signal paths to reduce transmission line effects
- Pull-up and pull-down provided for control lines
- Support for isoPower
- Project area that supports surface-mount and through-hole devices
Application Notes (7)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.