Features and Benefits
- Throughput rate: 3 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to
- Power consumption
12.6 mW at 3 MSPS with 3 V supplies
- Wide input bandwidth
70 dB SNR at 1 MHz input frequency
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- Temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Please see data sheet for additional features.
Product DetailsThe AD7276 is a 12-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The parts operate from a single 2.35 V to 3.6 V power supply and feature throughput rates of up to 3 MSPS. The parts contain a low noise, wide bandwidth track-and-hold amplifier that can handle input frequencies in excess of 55 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS, and the conversion is also initiated at this point. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The AD7276 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates.
The reference for the part is taken internally from VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC; therefore, the analog input range for the part is 0 to VDD. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK
- 3 MSPS ADCs in a 6-lead TSOT package
- AD7476/AD7477/AD7478 and AD7476A/AD7477A/ AD7478A pin-compatible
- High throughput with low power consumption
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management. This allows maximum power efficiency at low throughput rates
- Reference derived from the power supply
- No pipeline delay. The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7276SDZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7276. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the System Development Platform, EVAL-SDP-CB1Z . When operated with the System Development Platform, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the System Development Platform . When operated in standalone mode the ADZS-BRKOUT-EX3 break out board is recommended for access to various control pins.
Tools & Simulations
AD7276 Companion Parts
Recommended Digital Isolators
- For SPI interface, 2.5 kVrms, 10Mbps data rate: ADUM1311.
- For SPI interface, 2.5 kVrms, 90 Mbps data rate: ADUM1301.
- For SPI interface, 2.5 kVrms, 90 Mbps data rate with enhanced system-level ESD performance: ADUM3301.
Recommended Driver Amplifiers
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.