Features and Benefits
- Quad Output Step-Down µModule Regulator with 1.2A per Output Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 17V
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 1.2A DC, Parallelable, Output Current Each Channel
- ±1.5% Total Output Voltage Regulation
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Power Good Indicator
- Over Voltage, Current and Temperature Protection
- 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.1mm BGA Package
- Pin Compatible with LTM4668 (0.6V to 1.8V Output, 1MHz)
The LTM4668A is a quad DC/DC step-down µModule (micromodule) regulator with 1.2A DC current per output. Outputs can be paralleled in an array for up to 4.8A capability. Included in the package are the switching controllers, power FETs, inductors and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 2.7V to 17V, the LTM4668A supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed. The device supports frequency synchronization, PolyPhase operation, selectable Burst Mode operation, 100% duty cycle and low IQ operation. Its high switching frequency and a current mode architecture enables a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection. The power module is offered in a space saving and thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.1mm BGA package. The LTM4668A is available with SnPb (BGA) or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Telecom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Multi-Rail Point of Load Regulation
- FPGAs, DSPs and ASICs Application
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2785A-B features the LTM4668A µModule® regulator, a Quad 1.2A high efficiency step-down regulator. DC2785A-B has an operating input voltage range of 2.7V to 17V and can provide an output current of up to 1.2A. The output voltage can be programmed from 1.8V up to 5V. The LTM4668A is a complete DC/DC point of load regulator in a thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 2.1mm BGA package requiring only a few input and output capacitors.
External clock synchronization is available through the CLKIN turret. The LTM4668A data sheet must be read in conjunction with this demo manual for working on or modifying demo circuit 2785A-B.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Stratix 10 GX Signal Integrity Development Kit
Stratix 10 GX Signal Integrity Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX SI development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations for an alternate power tree that allows for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.