Features and Benefits
- Complete Solution in <1cm2 (Single-Sided PCB) or 0.5cm2 (Dual-Sided PCB)
- 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.87mm BGA Package
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 20V
- 0.6V to 5.5V Output Voltage
- 12A DC Output Current
- ±1.5% Maximum Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Differential Remote Sensing Amp
- Current Mode Control, Fast Transient Response
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Multiphase Parallel Current Sharing with Multiple LTM4626s
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Selectable Discontinuous Mode
- Power Good Indicator
- Overvoltage, Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
The LTM4626 is a complete 12A step-down switching mode µModule (micromodule) regulator in a tiny 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.87mm BGA package. Included in the package are the switching controller, power FETs, inductor and support components. Operating over an input voltage range of 3.1V to 20V, the LTM4626 supports an output voltage range of 0.6V to 5.5V, set by a single external resistor. Its high efficiency design delivers up to 12A continuous output current. Only bulk input and output capacitors are needed.
The LTM4626 supports selectable discontinuous mode operation and output voltage tracking for supply rail sequencing. Its high switching frequency and current mode control enable a very fast transient response to line and load changes without sacrificing stability.
Fault protection features include overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protection.
The LTM4626 is available with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Telecom, Datacom, Networking and Industrial Equipment
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Data Storage Rack Units and Cards
- Test and Debug Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2665A-A features the LTM4626 µModule® regulator, a high performance, high efficiency step-down regulator. The LTM4626 is a complete DC/DC point-of-load regulator in a thermally enhanced 6.25mm × 6.25mm × 3.87mm BGA package. The LTM4626 has an operating input voltage range of 3.1V to 20V and provides an output current up to 12A. The output voltage is programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V and can be remotely sensed. The stacked inductor design improves thermal dissipation and significantly reduces the package area. Output voltage tracking is available through the TRACK/SS pin for supply rail sequencing. External clock synchronization is available through the SYNC/MODE pin. For high efficiency at low load currents, select DCM mode operation using the MODE jumper (JP7) in less noise sensitive applications. The LTM4626 data sheet must be read in conjunction with this demo manual for working on or modifying DC2665A-A.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
To open the project file for this circuit:
Step 1: Download and install LTpowerCAD on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link(s) in the section below to download part-specific project files.
Step 3: If the project file doesn't run, right-click the link and select "Save Target As." Then start the LTpowerCAD tool and open the project file by selecing "Open Project" from the "File" menu.
LTpowerCAD Project Files
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Intel Stratix 10 FPGA PCIe Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with Intel PSG to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications.
- The validated power solutions include uModules power products that address time and space constraints while delivering high efficiency, reliability, and low noise.
- The actual power tree represents the best solution at time of design.
- A recommended power tree has also been included to present the ideal solution at time of Stratix 10 GX PCIe development kit release. An updated alternate version of the power tree represents the latest solutions available from Analog Devices. For many applications, an intermediate rail is not ideal, so recommendations an alternate power tree that allow for direct power conversion from 12V input is provided below.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.