- Conversion Gain: 32 dB typical
- Gain Control Range: 40 dB typical
- Saturated Output Power (PSAT): 24 dBm typical
- Output Third-Order Intercept (IP3): 30 dBm typical
- Output Power for P1dB Compression: 23 dBm
- Built-in Power Detector
- Built-in Envelope Detector for I/Q Mismatch Correction
- Fully Integrated In Surface Mount 50-Lead 16 mm x 14 mm Package
The HMC7585LG is fully integrated System in Package (SiP) in phase/quadrature (I/Q) upconverter that operates from 81 GHz to 86 GHz. The device uses an image rejection mixer that is driven by a 6 × LO multiplier. A variable gain amplifier followed by a medium power amplifier are added to the mixer outputs to provide a small signal conversion gain of 32 dB typical. Differential I and Q mixer inputs are provided and can be driven with differential I and Q baseband waveforms for direct conversion applications. Alternatively, the inputs can be driven using an external 90° hybrid and two external 180° hybrids for single-sideband applications.
- E-Band Communication Systems
- High Capacity Wireless Backhaul
- Test & Measurement
The EV2HMC7585LG is a fully populated 4-layer evaluation board that allows evaluation of the 81 GHz to 86 GHz HMC7585LG E-band upconverter system-in-package (SiP).
The board assembly includes 4 edge mounted SMA connectors for the differential I and Q mixer inputs as well as a single edge mounted 2.9mm connector for the LO drive input signal. The evaluation board is mounted on an aluminum backplate which includes a standard WR-12 waveguide hole pattern for the E-band signal input.
The board is equipped with LDOs for DC bias and only +5/–5V are needed for powering up the LDOs. Power detector and envelope detector outputs also are also available on the header connectors.
Please refer to the data sheet for detailed biasing requirements and application circuit information.