140 MHz TO 1000 MHz Quadrature Modulator
The AD8345 is a silicon RFIC quadrature modulator, designed for use from 140 MHz to 1000 MHz. The part provides a very low noise floor and high output power supporting a significant improvement in output dynamic range. The AD8345 needs a low LO drive level and provides a fully specified 50 Ω buffered output.
The part provides excellent amplitude and phase balance and sideband suppression specifications to enable higher order/capacity QAM modulated radios.
Additionally the AD8345 has been tested and supports the requirements as an IF modulator within CDMA/GSM/W-CDMA cellular infrastructure equipment and as a direct conversion modulator for the 800 – 900 MHz cellular bands.
The AD8345 is supplied in 16-lead Thin Shrunk Small Outline (TSSOP) package with exposed paddle, and fully specified over –40°C to +85°C temperature range.Availability Samples part number (AD8345ARE) and an evaluation board, part number (AD8345-EVAL) are available. Other Modulator / Demodulator Products
AD8346 – 800 MHz to 2.5 GHz Lower Power Direct Up-Conversion Modulator
AD8347 – 800 MHz to 2.7 GHz Direct Conversion Demodulator
AD8349 – 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz Low Noise, Higher Output Drive, RF Modulator
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD8345-EVALZ is 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/200 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.7 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IP, IN, QP, and QN). The AD8345 output is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747, AD9125 or the AD9125 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122, AD9125 or the AD9146 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
Product Selection Guide
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview
Simplifying Direct-Conversion Tx Paths in Wireless Designs
Single-Sideband Upconversion of Quadrature DDS Signals to the 800-to-2500MHz