Features and Benefits
- +31.8dBm Typical Output IP3
- +18.4dBm Typical Output 1dB Compression Point
- 1700MHz to 2200MHz RF Frequency Range
- 700MHz to 1200MHz RF Frequency Range (MAX2058)
- 10.9dB Typical Small-Signal Gain
- Includes Two Independent 5-Bit Digital Attenuator Stages, Yielding 56dB of Total Gain-Control Range with 1dB Steps
- 3-Wire SPI™/MICROWIRE™ Compatible
- Integrated Loopback Mixer for Tx/Rx Self-Diagnostics
- +5V Single-Supply Operation
- External Current-Setting Resistors for Scalable Device Power
- Lead-Free Package Available
The MAX2059 high-linearity digital-variable-gain amplifier (DVGA) is designed to provide 56dB of total gain range and typical output IP3 and output P1dB levels of +31.8dBm and +18.4dBm, respectively. The device is ideal for a variety of applications, including single and multicarrier 1700MHz to 2200MHz DCS 1800/PCS 1900 EDGE, cdma2000®, WCDMA/UMTS, and TD-SCDMA base stations. The MAX2059 yields a high level of component integration, which includes two 5-bit digital attenuators, a two-stage driver amplifier, a loopback mixer, and a serial interface to control the attenuators.
The MAX2059 is pin compatible with the MAX2058 700MHz to 1200MHz DVGA, facilitating an easy design-in for applications where a common PC board layout is used for both frequency bands.
The MAX2059 is available in a 40-pin thin QFN package with an exposed paddle. Electrical performance is guaranteed over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Broadband Systems
- cdmaOne™ and cdma2000® Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
- DCS 1800/PCS 1900 EDGE Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
- Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- Microwave Terrestrial Links
- Receiver Gain Control
- Transmitter Gain Control
- WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, and Other 3G Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.