Features and Benefits
- +32.3dBm Typical Output IP3
- +19dBm Typical Output 1dB Compression Point
- 700MHz to 1200MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1800MHz to 2200MHz RF Frequency Range (MAX2059)
- 10.5dB Typical Small-Signal Gain
- Includes Two Independent 31dB Attenuator Stages, Yielding 62dB of Total Gain-Control Range with 1dB Steps
- 3-Wire SPI™/MICROWIRE™-Compatible
- Integrated Loopback Mixer for Tx/Rx Self-Diagnostics
- +5V Single-Supply Operation
- External Current-Setting Resistors for Scalable Device Power
- Lead-Free Package Available
The MAX2058 high-linearity digital-variable-gain amplifier (DVGA) is designed to provide 62dB of total gain range and typical output IP3 and output P1dB levels of +32.3dBm and +19dBm, respectively. The device is ideal for a variety of applications, including RFID handheld and portal readers, as well as single and multicarrier 700MHz to 1200MHz GSM/EDGE, cdma2000®, WCDMA, and iDEN® base stations. The MAX2058 yields a high level of component integration, which includes two 5-bit, 31dB digital attenuators, a two-stage driver amplifier, a loopback mixer, and a serial interface to control the attenuators.
The MAX2058 is pin compatible with the MAX2059 1800MHz to 2200MHz DVGA, facilitating an easy design-in for applications where a common PC board layout is used for both frequency bands.
The MAX2058 is available in a 40-pin thin QFN package with an exposed paddle. Electrical performance is guaranteed over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Broadband Systems
- Cellular cdmaOne™, cdma2000, and Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN) Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
- Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- GSM 850/GSM 900 2G and 2.5G EDGE Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
- Microwave Terrestrial Links
- Receiver Gain Control
- RFID Handheld and Portal Readers
- Transmitter Gain Control
- WCDMA 850MHz and Other 3G Base-Station Transmitters and Power Amplifiers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
IP3 and Intermodulation Guide3/11/2013
PCBs Layout Guidelines for RF & Mixed-Signal9/14/2011
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.