Features and Benefits
- Output Current: 750mA/250mA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Noise: 20μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 120μA/75μA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.7V to 20V
- Adjustable Output: 1.220V Reference Voltage
- Shutdown Quiescent Current: <1μA
- Stable with 10μF/3.3μF Minimum Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic, Tantalum or Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
- Precision Threshold for Shutdown Logic or UVLO Function
- PWRGD Flag for each Output
- Reverse Battery and Reverse Output-to-Input Protection
- Current Limit with Foldback and Thermal Shutdown
- Thermally Enhanced 20-Lead TSSOP and 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm) QFN Packages
The LT3030 is a dual, micropower, low noise, low dropout linear regulator. The device operates with either common or independent input supplies for each channel, over a 1.7V to 20V input voltage range. Output 1/Output 2 supply 750mA/250mA respectively with a typical dropout voltage of 300mV. With an external 10nF bypass capacitor, output noise is only 20μVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low 120μA/75μA quiescent current makes it an ideal choice. In shutdown, quiescent current drops to less than 1μA. Shutdown control is independent for each channel and its precision logic threshold allows for voltage lockout functionality. The LT3030 includes a PWRGD flag for each channel to indicate output regulation.
The LT3030 optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR ceramic output capacitors, requiring a minimum of only 10μF/3.3μF.
Internal circuitry provides reverse-battery protection, reverse-current protection, current limiting with foldback and thermal shutdown with hysteresis. The adjustable output voltage device has a 1.220V reference voltage. The LT3030 is offered in the thermally enhanced 20-lead TSSOP and 28-lead, low profile (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) QFN packages.
- General Purpose Linear Regulator
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Microprocessor Core/Logic Supplies
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Tracking/Sequencing Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 1855A is a dual, micropower, low noise and low dropout voltage linear regulator featuring the LT3030. The input voltages are independent for each channel of DC1855A and can range from 2.2V to 20V. Each channel has a jumper that sets the output voltage to either 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 5V or a voltage that is user-programmed by the installation of a resistor. For channel 1 and channel 2, the maximum output currents are 750mA and 250mA and the ceramic output capacitors are 22μF and 10μF respectively. The internal reference of each channel is bypassed with a 10nF capacitor for reduced output noise. Each channel has a jumper for shutdown and a terminal for PWRGD that is pulled up to the input supply. A resistor divider can be easily added that allows precise lockout at low input voltages.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Reference Designs (1)
MAX 10 NEEK Development Kit
MAX 10 NEEK Development Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.