Features and Benefits
- Blackfin+ core with up to 400 MHz performance
- Dual 16-bit or single 32-bit MAC support per cycle
- 16-bit complex MAC and many other instruction set enhancements
- Instruction set compatible with previous Blackfin products
- On-Chip Memory
- 136KB L1 SRAM with multi-parity-bit protection (64KB instruction, 64KB data, 8KB scratchpad)
- 1MByte on-chip L2 SRAM with ECC protection
- 512KByte On-chip L2 ROM
- L3 interface providing 16-bit interface to DDR2 or LPDDR SDRAM devices (up to 200 MHz)
- Key Peripherals include
- USB2.0 HS OTG
- 2x CAN2.0B
- ePPI Video I/O
- 2x SPORTs (w/I2S)
- 2xQuad-SPI / 1xDual-SPI (w/ Host mode option)
- SD/SDIO/MMC (8-bit)
- 4-ch 12-bit 1MSPS ADC
- Security and one-time-programmable memory
- Crypto hardware accelerators for fast secure boot/IP protection
- memDMA encryption/decryption for fast run-time security
- Low-cost packaging
- 184-Ball CSP_BGA package (12 mm × 12mm × 0.8mm pitch), RoHS compliant
- Low system power with < 100 mW at 400 MHz (< 0.25 mW/MHz) at 25°C TJUNCTION
Product DetailsThis device is a member of the ADSP-BF70x Blackfin Digital Signal Processor (DSP) product family. The new Blackfin+ processor core combines dual-MAC 16-bit, 32-bit MAC and 16-bit complex MAC in to a state-of-the-art signal processing engine. It also combines advantages of a clean, orthogonal RISC-like microprocessor instruction set, and single-instruction, multiple-data (SIMD) multimedia capabilities within a single instruction-set architecture. Further new enhancements to the Blackfin+ core add cache enhancements, branch prediction and other instruction set improvements—all while maintaining instruction set compatibility to previous Blackfin products.
The processor offers performance up to 400 MHz, as well as lowest power consumption at <100mW. Produced with a low-power and low-voltage design methodology, they provide world-class power management and performance.
By integrating a rich set of industry-leading system peripherals, large on-chip memory & a high speed external memory interface, this Blackfin processor is the platform of choice for next-generation applications that require RISC-like programmability, multimedia support, and leading-edge signal processing in one integrated package. These applications span a wide array of markets, from automotive systems to embedded industrial, instrumentation, video/image analysis, biometric and control applications.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (4)
The ADSP-BF707 evaluation hardware provides a low cost hardware solution for users to evaluate the Analog Devices ADSP-BF70x Blackfin processor family. Blackfin processors combine a dual-MAC state-of-the-art signal processing engine, the advantages of a clean, orthogonal RISC-like microprocessor instruction set, and single-instruction, multiple-data (SIMD) multimedia capabilities into a single instruction-set architecture. New enhancements to the Blackfin+™ core add 32-bit MAC and 16-bit complex MAC support, cache enhancements, branch prediction and other instruction set improvements—all while maintaining instruction set compatibility to previous Blackfin products.
The ADSP-BF707 EZ-KIT Lite includes all hardware necessary to immediately being evaluation:
- The ADS P- BF707 EZ-Board ™
- CE-approved power supply
- The ADZS-ICE-1000 emulator
- USB cable
The ADSP-BF707 EZ-Board can also be purchased separately, if an ICE-1000 or ICE-2000 emulator is already available to the customer.
The ADSP-BF707 Board Design Database contains all of the electronic information required for the design, layout, fabrication and assembly of the ADSP-BF707 EZ-Board, and is available to download from the Products Download area on this page.
The evaluation hardware is designed to be used in conjunction with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) software development tools to test capabilities of the ADSP-BF70x Blackfin processors. The CCES development environment aids advanced application code development and debug, such as:
Create, compile, assemble, and link application programs written in C++, C, and assembly
- Load, run, step, halt, and set breakpoints in application programs
- Read and write data and program memory
- Read and write core and peripheral registers
The ADSP-BF707 Board Support Package, available to download from this page, provides comprehensive software support for the ADSP-BF707 EZ-Board. Specifically, drivers, examples and code sketches are included for the following components:
- INA230 current-shunt and power monitor ADC driver
- INA3221 shunt and bus voltage monitor ADC driver
It also provides comprehensive examples which demonstrate the on-chip drivers and services.
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF707 Blackfin processor
- ADM6315 Reset supervisor
- ADP5024 Dual buck, plus LDO regulator
- Micron MT47H128M16 2G bit DDR2 memory
- 32M bit Quad SPI Flash memory
- RF Wireless connector
- FTDI FT232RQ USB to UART converter
- High speed USB
- Debug interface (JTAG/SWD/TRACE)
- HADC inputs
- Interfaces: CAN, Expansion Interface III.
- Accessories: 2GB SD CARD, Power Supply
The Analog Devices ICE-1000 and ICE-2000 emulators facilitate the creation, test, and debug of advanced applications on Analog Devices Processors and DSPs. Working in tandem with the CrossCore® Embedded Studio development environment, these emulators provide state-of-the-art support for all JTAG-compliant Analog Devices processors.
New debug feature added for the ICE-1000/ICE-2000:
- Coresight Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
Features & Benefits
- JTAG/SWD support for Blackfin, Blackfin+, SHARC and multi-core SHARC+ with ARM
- Plug-n-Play, USB 2.0 compliant
- USB bus-powered device
- Windows® 8.1, Window 7 compatible
- Multiple processor I/O voltage support: 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V
- Multiprocessor support
- JTAG/SWD clock operation of 5 MHz on the ICE-1000
- JTAG/SWD clock operation up to 46 MHZ on the ICE-2000
- Multi-colored LED for enhanced status indication
- Software controlled target reset to support remote debug
The 24 GHz radar sensor platform called Demorad is a novel microwave radar evaluation platform solution with out-of-the-box software examples and easy startup of radar sensor all done within minutes. Demorad platform enables rapid product prototyping aimed at R&D interests in investigating radar and developing radar sensor products that can measure real-time information such as target/object presence, its movement, angular position, velocity, and range from the sensor.
The Demorad platform provides both hardware and software that allows for very fast evaluation and development of 24 GHz radar without the need to have RF microwave and signal chain system expertize, and significantly reduces development time and system expertize during product development phases.
A high performance RF and analog full signal chain including DSP processing, that is, an RF to bits solution is provided that allows for flexible processing on raw acquisition data, allowing radar experiments on a state-of-the art level hardware in a very short time.
Full software support of 24 GHz radar ICs using a software graphical user interface (GUI) and in DSP radar support function libraries with added capability to write raw data for post processing on PC using Matlab tools.
Figure 1. Demorad 24GHz Evaluation Software Window showing Range-Doppler mode.
The Demorad uses ADI’s 24 GHz, multichannel radar solution. The sensor consists of a single PCB with 2 transmitter/4 receiver antennas on the front side connected to the 24 GHz RF chipset and data acquisition ADC’s and DSP on the reverse side. This forms the basis for a reference design that customers can use to build their final product design.
Figure 2. Demorad full signal chain.
The Demorad uses FMCW radar to detect range and velocity of objects up to 200 m away with a resolution of approximately 75 cm. The field of view (FOV) is approximately 120° in azimuth and 15° in elevation based on the antenna array design. By combining antennas as used in digital beam forming (DBF), the Demorad uses DBF to calculate angular information in the FOV.
Figure 3. Demorad system setup.
- Traffic monitoring and car parking
- UAV/drone collision avoidance and altimeters
- Monitoring and security systems
Features & Benefits
- Out-of-the-box Radar demonstration platform.
- Evaluates 24GHz Radar chipset
- Antenna to bits functionality.
- Accompanying software GUI to evaluate:
- Range Doppler
- Digital Beam Forming.
The Blackfin Low-power Imaging Platform (BLIP) is a low cost, low power embedded computer vision platform targeting a vast array of real-time sensing applications. BLIP leverages the latest entry within the industry-leading, low power Blackfin processor family as well as Analog Devices’ optimized software library deliverables. This solution offers end equipment manufacturers an out of the box form factor development platform with multiple functional profiles covering intelligent motion sensing, people counting, vehicle detection, and face detection deployable in both indoor and outdoor use cases. The BLIP system includes an intuitive configuration GUI and enables real-time analysis of captured video, as well as video output/display through an on-board USB port, making it a highly valuable tool for product development. Additionally, the associated documentation package is well positioned to help customers accelerate their time to market.
Features & Benefits
- Hardware Bill of Materials
- Processor: ADSP-BF707BBCZ-4
- Imagers: OVM7692 (VGA SoC sensor with integrated lens), ASX-340 (VGA sensor)
- Memory: MT46H128M16LFB7 (256 MB)
- Flash: W25Q32 (32 MB)
- Power management: ADP2370, ADP2230, ADP220, ADP195, ADM6315
- Interface: FT232RQ
- Power consumption: <1 W
- Supply voltage: 3.2 V to 15 V
- Form factor: 2.5 inches × 3.5 inches
- Board Support Package:
- Development tool chain: CrossCore® Embedded Studio™
- Application software: VOS 3.2.0 (indoor/outdoor)
- Documentation: user guide, PCB schematics
Application Notes (12)
Software Manuals (6)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.