Features and Benefits
- Main input voltage range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Two 1200 mA buck regulators and one 300 mA LDO
- 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
- Regulator accuracy: ±1.8%
- Factory programmable or external adjustable VOUTx
- 3 MHz buck operation with forced PWM and automatic PWM/PSM modes
- BUCK1/BUCK2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 3.8 V
- LDO: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 4.75 V
- LDO: low input supply voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- LDO: high PSRR and low output noise
The ADP5024 combines two high performance buck regulators and one low dropout (LDO) regulators in a small, 24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP to meet demanding performance and board space requirements.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulators enables tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space. When the MODE pin is set high, the buck regulators operate in forced PWM mode. When the MODE pin is set low, the buck regulators operate in PWM mode when the load current is above a predefined threshold. When the load current falls below a pre-defined threshold, the regulator operates in power save mode (PSM), improving the light load efficiency.
The two bucks operate out of phase to reduce the input capacitor requirement. The low quiescent current, low dropout voltage, and wide input voltage range of the LDO extends the battery life of portable devices. The ADP5024 LDO maintains power supply rejection greater than 60 dB for frequencies as high as 10 kHz while operating with a low headroom voltage.
Regulators in the ADP5024 are activated though dedicated enable pins. The default output voltages can be either externally set in the adjustable version or factory programmable to a wide range of preset values in the fixed voltage version.
- Power for processors, ASICS, FPGAs, and RF chipsets
- Portable instrumentation and medical devices
- Space constrained devices
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5024 is available in a 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The ADP5023/ADP5024 are 3-channel devices that share a common PCB evaluation board.
The ADP5024 evaluation board, ADP5024CP-EVALZ, has two step-down regulators with two LDO regulators that enable evaluation of the ADP5024. The evaluation board is available in an adjustable voltage option.
For full details on the ADP5024, consult the product data sheet in conjunction with this evaluation board user guide.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation boards for the ADP5024
- Standalone capability
- Simple device measurements, including line and load regulation, demonstrable with
- A single voltage supply
- A voltmeter
- An ammeter
- Load resistors
- Easy access to external components
- Cascading options to supply the low dropout (LDO) regulator from either buck regulator
- Dedicated enable option for each channel
- Mode option to change buck regulators from power save mode (PSM) to pulse-width modulation (PWM) operation
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.