Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.3 V to 6.5 V
- Maximum load current: 1 A
- Low noise: 5 μV rms independent of output voltage at 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Fast transient response: 1.5 μs for 1 mA to 500 mA load step
- 60 dB PSRR at 100 kHz
- Low dropout voltage: 42 mV at 500 mA load, VOUT = 3 V
- Initial accuracy: −0.5% (minimum), +1% (maximum)
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature: ±1.5%
- Quiescent current, IGND = 0.7 mA with no load
- Low shutdown current: 0.25 μA at VIN = 5 V
- Stable with small 4.7 μF ceramic output capacitor
- Adjustable and fixed output voltage options: 1.2 V to 5.0 V
- Adjustable output from 1.2 V to VIN − VDO
- Precision enable
- Adjustable soft start
- 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP package
- Supported by ADIsimPower tool
The ADM7171 is a CMOS, low dropout linear regulator (LDO) that operates from 2.3 V to 6.5 V and provides up to 1 A of output current. This high output current LDO is ideal for regulation of high performance analog and mixed signal circuits operating from 6 V down to 1.2 V rails. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, the device provides high power supply rejection and low noise, and achieves excellent line and load transient response with just a small 4.7 μF ceramic output capacitor. Load transient response is typically 1.5 μs for a 1 mA to 500 mA load step.
The ADM7171 is available in 17 fixed output voltage options. The following voltages are available from stock: 1.3 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.0 V, 3.3 V, 4.2 V, and 5.0 V. Additional voltages that are available by special order are: 1.5 V, 1.85 V, 2.0 V, 2.2 V, 2.7 V, 2.75 V, 2.8 V, 2.85 V, 3.8 V, and 4.6 V. An adjustable version is also available that allows output voltages that range from 1.2 V to VIN − VDO with an external feedback divider.
Inrush current can be controlled by adjusting the start-up time via the soft start pin. The typical start-up time with a 1 nF soft start capacitor is 1.0 ms.
The ADM7171 regulator output noise is 5 μV rms independent of the output voltage. The ADM7171 is available in an 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP, making it not only a very compact solution, but also providing excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 1 A of output current in a small, low profile footprint.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications: ADC and DAC circuits, precision amplifiers, PLLs/VCOs, and clocking ICs
- Communications and infrastructure
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (4)
The AD9546 Evaluation Board is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9546 multiple input, 10-Output, Dual Channel, Numeric Clock Synchronizer. The AD9546 supports existing and emerging International Telecommunications Union (ITU) standards for the delivery of frequency, phase, and time of day over service provider packet networks, including ITU-G.8262, ITU-T G.812, ITU-T G.813, ITU-T G.823, ITU-T G.824, ITU-T G.825, and ITU-T G.8273.2.
The 10 clock outputs of the AD9546 are synchronized to any one of up to four input references. The digital phase-locked loops (DPLLs) reduce timing jitter associated with the external references. The digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry continuously generate a low jitter output signal, even when all reference inputs fail. The AD9546 system clock is provided by a 52 MHz crystal. Alternatively, an external clock signal may be provided at a SMA connector (relative components must be populated to enable this functionality).
- 5G timing transport high precision synchronization
- Global positioning system (GPS), PTP (IEEE 1588), and synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) jitter cleanup and synchronization
- Optical transport networks (OTN), synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH), and macro and small cell base stations
- Small base station clocking (baseband and radio)
- Stratum 2, Stratum 3e, and Stratum 3 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- JESD204B support for analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) clocking
- Carrier Ethernet
Features & Benefits
- Simple power connection using 6 V wall adapter and on-board LDO voltage regulators
- Ten AC-coupled output SMA connectors, with output termination for HCSL
- Two single ended AC-coupled reference inputs, usable also as a one differential AC-coupled reference input
- One single ended AC-coupled reference input and 1 single ended DC-coupled reference input, configurable to create together a differential AC-coupled reference input
- Pin programmable, power on ready configurability
- Status LEDs
- PC control using a USB connection
- Microsoft Windows-based Evaluation Software with simple graphical user interface
The AD-FREQCVT1-EBZ is an add on board for the FMCOMMS3/4/5 boards which contain the AD9361. While the complete chip level design package can be found on the ADI product pages, information on the card, how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found on the analog wiki site.
The purpose of the AD-FREQCVT1-EBZ is frequency up or down conversion to allow the AD9361 to operate down to 1MHz.
The AD-PZSDR2400TDD-EB is a 2.4GHz TDD analog module designed to work with the AD9361, a high performance, highly integrated RF transceiver intended for use in RF applications, such as 3G and 4G base station and test equipment applications, and software defined radios. The AD-PZSDR2400TDD-EB is affectionately dubbed the first 'RF personality card'. It plugs into the ADRV1CRR-FMC carrier card. 35mm U.FL coaxial cables connect the card to the ADRV9361-Z7035 SDR SOM providing access to the transmit and receive inputs of the AD9361. Information on the card, how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found on the wiki page.
The purpose of the AD-PZSDR2400TDD-EB is to provide the user with a path to condition the transmit or receive signals of the AD9361. Selection of TX or RX path is achieved by the 200MHz to 2.7GHz SPDT switch HMC546 controlled by the FPGA and accompanying software. The transmit path consists of a 2.4GHz filter, half watt driver amplifier ADL5324 and 2 watt power amplifier HMC921. The receive path consists of the same 2.4GHz filter as well as a low loss LNA HMC669.
The ADM7170ACP-EVALZ/ADM717Q1CP-EVALZ/ ADM7172ACP-EVALZ is an evaluation board used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADM7170, ADM7171, and ADM7172 linear regulators.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout, and ground current, can be demonstrated with just a single voltage source, a voltmeter, an ammeter, and load resistors.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.3 V to 6.5 V
- Output current range: 0 mA to 2 A (500 mA for ADM7170, 1 A for ADM7171, 2 A for ADM7172)
- Output voltage accuracy: ±0.75% for ADM7170, −0.5%/+1% for ADM7171/ADM7172
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Output voltage can also be adjusted up with two external resistors from any fixed output voltage option
- VOUT = VOUT(FIXED) × (1 + R1/R2)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.