Features and Benefits
- Operating frequencies: 1805 MHz to 1990 MHz
- Output compression point P1dB: 16 dBm
- Output third-order intercept point OIP3: 30 dBm at 1900 MHz
- Noise floor: −157 dBm/Hz
- Sideband suppression: <−47 dBc at 1900 MHz
- Baseband common-mode bias: 1.5 V
- LO leakage: −44 dBc at 1900 MHz, POUT = 5 dBm
- Single supply: 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- Package: 36-lead, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
This family of monolithic RF quadrature modulators is designed for use from 869 MHz to 960 MHz and from 1805 MHz to 1990 MHz. Excellent phase accuracy and amplitude balance enable high performance, direct RF modulation for communications systems.
The ADL5590 and ADL5591 can be used as direct RF modulators in digital communications systems such as those using the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network. In addition, the devices are compatible with enhanced data rates for GSM evolution (EDGE).
This family is fabricated using an advanced silicon-germanium bipolar process from Analog Devices, Inc., and is available in a 36-lead, exposed pad LFCSP. The devices operate from −40°C to +85°C.
- Wireless infrastructure
- Optimized for GSM transmitters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADL5591 Companion Parts
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS: AD9717.
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS: AD9783, AD9122, AD9122.
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS: AD9125, AD9122, AD9122, AD9125, AD9146.
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS: AD9117.
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD: AD9747, AD9125, AD9125.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.