Features and Benefits
- Low power: 1.0 W @ 1 GSPS, 600 mW @ 500 MSPS, full operating conditions
- Single carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 80 MHz IF
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth
- Auxiliary DACs allow control of external VGA and offset control
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- 100-lead, exposed paddle TQFP
The AD9776A/AD9778A/AD9779A are dual, 12-/14-/16-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that provide a sample rate of 1 GSPS, permitting a multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency. They include features optimized for direct conversion transmission applications, including complex digital modulation and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL537x FMOD series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 3-wire interface provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices are manufactured on an advanced 0.18 μm CMOS process and operate on 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 1.0 W. They are enclosed in a 100-lead thin quad flat package (TQFP).
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
- A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- The current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- CMOS data input interface with adjustable setup and hold.
- Novel 2×, 4×, and 8× interpolator/coarse complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth.
- Wireless infrastructure W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMax, GSM, LTE
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Internal digital upconversion capability
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9778A.
Features & Benefits
- Evaluation board for the AD9776A/AD9778A/AD9779A
- Includes options to evaluate
DAC and ADL5375 quadrature modulator
- USB interface for configuration
- On-board or external power supply regulation
- On-board or external clock distribution
- Data pattern generator and SPI software interfaces
Software & Systems Requirements
Ace Evaluation Software
AD9778A Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, AD8349, ADL5385, ADL5386.
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346.
Recommended Clock Drivers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.