Features and Benefits
- Single 1.8 V supply operation
- SNR: 49.3 dBFS at 200 MHz input at 500 MSPS
- SFDR: 65 dBc at 200 MHz input at 500 MSPS
- Low power: 315 mW at 500 MSPS
- On-chip interleaved clocking
- On-chip reference and track-and-hold
- 1.2 V p-p analog input range for each channel
- Differential input with 500 MHz bandwidth
- LVDS-compliant digital output
- On-chip voltage reference and sample-and-hold circuit
- DNL: ±0.2 LSB
- Serial port control options
- Interleaved clock timing adjustment
- Offset binary, Gray code, or twos complement data format
- Optional clock duty cycle stabilizer
- Built-in selectable digital test pattern generation
- Pin-programmable power-down function
- Available in 48-lead LFCSP
The AD9286 is an 8-bit, monolithic sampling, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that supports interleaved operation and is optimized for low cost, low power, and ease of use. Each ADC operates at up to a 250 MSPS conversion rate with outstanding dynamic performance.
The AD9286 takes a single sample clock and, with an on-chip clock divider, time interleaves the two ADC cores (each running at one-half the clock frequency) to achieve the rated 500 MSPS. By using the SPI, the user can accurately adjust the timing of the sampling edge per ADC to minimize the image spur energy.
The ADC requires a single 1.8 V supply and an encode clock for full performance operation. No external reference components are required for many applications. The digital outputs are LVDS compatible.
The AD9286 is available in a Pb-free, 48-lead LFCSP that is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Integrated 8-bit, 500 MSPS ADC.
- Single 1.8 V supply operation with LVDS outputs.
- Power-down option controlled via a pin-programmable setting.
- Battery-powered instruments
- Handheld scope meters
- Low cost digital oscilloscopes
- OTS: video over fiber
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9286-500EBZ is an evaluation board for the AD9286, 8-bit ADC. This reference design provides all of the support circuitry to operate devices in their various modes and configurations, It is designed to interface directly with the HSC-ADC-EVALCZ data capture card, allowing users to download captured data for analysis. The Visual Analog software package, which is used to interface with the device’s hardware, allows users to download captured data for analysis with a user-friendly graphical interface. The SPI controller software package is also compatible with this hardware and allows the user to access the SPI programmable features of the AD9286.
The AD9286 data sheet provides additional information related to device configuration and performance and should be consulted when using these tools. All documents and Visual Analog and SPI Controller are available at the High Speed ADC Evaluation Boards page. For additional information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD9286
- SPI interface for setup and control
- Support LVDS output mode option
- External or on-board oscillator options
- Balun/transformer or amplifier input drive options
- Switching power supply
- VisualAnalog™and SPIController software interfaces
Application Notes (16)
Tools & Simulations
For designers who are selecting or evaluating high speed ADCs, VisualAnalog™ is a software package that combines a powerful set of simulation and data analysis tools with a user-friendly graphical interface.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.