Features and Benefits
- Single carrier WCDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 150 MHz IF
- Channel to Channel Isolation > 90dB
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA,
RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×, 4× and 8x interpolator eases data interface
- On-chip fine complex NCO allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- Programmable digital inverse sinc filter
- Auxiliary DACs allow for offset control
- Gain DACs allow for I and Q gain matching
- Programmable I and Q phase compensation
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9148 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-toanalog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1000 MSPS. These devices include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5371/ADL5372/ ADL5373/ADL5374/ADL5375/. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is provided for programming of the internal device parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices operate from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 3 W at the maximum sample rate. They are enclosed in 196-ball chip scale package ball grid array with the option of an attached heat spreader..Product Highlights
1. Low noise and inter-modulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
2. A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
3. The current outputs are easily configured for various singleended or differential circuit topologies.
4. LVDS data input interface includes FIFO to ease input timing.
- Wireless infrastructure LTE, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM
- MIMO/Transmit diversity
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
In addition to the AD9148, the evaluation boards also come with clocking and analog quadrature modulator circuits to ease system level solutions. The AD9148 evaluation board comes in two models; the AD9148-M5372-EBZ has the ADL5372 modulator on board, and the AD9148-M5375-EBZ has the ADL5375 modulator on-board. To operate the evaluation boards, the user must apply power, a clock source, a digital data source, and be able to observe the DAC output on either a spectrum analyzer or an oscilloscope. A low jitter sine or square wave clock will work well as a source. The evaluation board comes with software which allows the user to program the SPI port. Via the SPI port, the DUT and clock circuitry can be programmed into any of its various operating modes.
Tools & Simulations
AD9148 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, ADL5385, ADL5386.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346, AD8349.
- For an quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
Recommended Output Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.