Features and Benefits
- Single carrier WCDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 150 MHz IF
- Channel to Channel Isolation > 90dB
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA,
RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×, 4× and 8x interpolator eases data interface
- On-chip fine complex NCO allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- Programmable digital inverse sinc filter
- Auxiliary DACs allow for offset control
- Gain DACs allow for I and Q gain matching
- Programmable I and Q phase compensation
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9148 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-toanalog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1000 MSPS. These devices include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5371/ADL5372/ ADL5373/ADL5374/ADL5375/. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is provided for programming of the internal device parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices operate from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 3 W at the maximum sample rate. They are enclosed in 196-ball chip scale package ball grid array with the option of an attached heat spreader..Product Highlights
1. Low noise and inter-modulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
2. A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
3. The current outputs are easily configured for various singleended or differential circuit topologies.
4. LVDS data input interface includes FIFO to ease input timing.
- Wireless infrastructure LTE, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM
- MIMO/Transmit diversity
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9148-EBZ or the AD9148-M5375-EBZ connects to a digital pattern generator (DPG3) or a system demonstration platform (SDP-H1) to evaluate the AD9148 device. The AD9148-EBZ is a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) only evaluation board, and the AD9148-M5375-EBZ has two ADL5375 modulators on-board.
The DAC Software Suite includes the DPGDownloader and the serial peripheral interface (SPI) application to control the evaluation board SPI port. Via the SPI port, the device under test (DUT) and clock circuitry can be programmed into any of the various operating modes. To ease the subsystem evaluation, the AD9516-0 clock distribution chip and two ADL5375 modulators are designed into the AD9148-M5375-EBZ.
For full details, see the AD9148 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide and the AD9148-EBZ or the AD9148-M5375-EBZ evaluation board.
The SDP-H1 is a high speed controller board for the System Demonstration Platform (SDP). The SDP-H1 has a Xilinx® Spartan 6 and an ADSP-BF527 processor with connectivity to the PC through a USB 2.0 high speed port. Controller boards allow for the configuration and capture of data on daughter boards from the PC via USB.
The SDP-H1 has a FMC low pin count ( LPC) connector with full differential LVDS and singled ended LVCMOS support. It also has the 120 pin connector, found on the SDP-B which exposes the Blackfin processors peripherals. This connector provides a configurable Serial, Parallel I2C and SPI and GPIO communications lines to the attached daughter board. The PC side software application for controlling the attached daughter board is provided with each of the daughter product evaluation boards or Circuits from the Lab reference Circuits.
The System Demonstration Platform is a collection of controller boards, interposer boards, and daughter boards, used for easy, low cost evaluation of ADI components and reference circuits. For a general overview of the entire platform visit the System Demonstration Platform homepage www.analog.com/sdpSee the full list of compatible Product Evaluation Boards and Circuits from the Lab Reference Circuit Boards that require the SDP-B. All SDP-S compatible daughter boards can be used with the SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
- Xilinx® Spartan 6
- 1 x FMC Low Pin Count ( LPC) connector
- LVDS and single ended LVCMOS signaling
- JTAG header
- Blackfin processor ADSP-BF527
- 1 x small Footprint 120 pin connector
- Configurable Peripheral Interfaces SPI, SPORT, I2C, GPIO, Asynchronous Parallel, PPI, Timers
- USB 2.0 interface to the PC
Tools & Simulations
AD9148 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346, AD8349.
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, ADL5385, ADL5386.
- For an quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
Recommended Output Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.