Features and Benefits
- Single carrier WCDMA ACLR = 80 dBc @ 150 MHz IF
- Channel to Channel Isolation > 90dB
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA,
RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Novel 2×, 4× and 8x interpolator eases data interface
- On-chip fine complex NCO allows carrier placement anywhere in DAC bandwidth
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Multiple chip synchronization interface
- Programmable digital inverse sinc filter
- Auxiliary DACs allow for offset control
- Gain DACs allow for I and Q gain matching
- Programmable I and Q phase compensation
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD9148 is a quad, 16-bit, high dynamic range, digital-toanalog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1000 MSPS. These devices include features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including gain, phase, and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators such as the ADL5371/ADL5372/ ADL5373/ADL5374/ADL5375/. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) is provided for programming of the internal device parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 10 mA to 30 mA. The devices operate from 1.8 V and 3.3 V supplies for a total power consumption of 3 W at the maximum sample rate. They are enclosed in 196-ball chip scale package ball grid array with the option of an attached heat spreader..Product Highlights
1. Low noise and inter-modulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies.
2. A proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
3. The current outputs are easily configured for various singleended or differential circuit topologies.
4. LVDS data input interface includes FIFO to ease input timing.
- Wireless infrastructure LTE, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, WCDMA, CDMA2000, GSM
- MIMO/Transmit diversity
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9148-EBZ or the AD9148-M5375-EBZ connects to a digital pattern generator (DPG3) or a system demonstration platform (SDP-H1) to evaluate the AD9148 device. The AD9148-EBZ is a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) only evaluation board, and the AD9148-M5375-EBZ has two ADL5375 modulators on-board.
The DAC Software Suite includes the DPGDownloader and the serial peripheral interface (SPI) application to control the evaluation board SPI port. Via the SPI port, the device under test (DUT) and clock circuitry can be programmed into any of the various operating modes. To ease the subsystem evaluation, the AD9516-0 clock distribution chip and two ADL5375 modulators are designed into the AD9148-M5375-EBZ.
For full details, see the AD9148 data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide and the AD9148-EBZ or the AD9148-M5375-EBZ evaluation board.
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Features & Benefits
- Based on Virtex-7 FPGA
- One (1) FMC-HPC connector
- Ten (10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers supported
- Two (2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
Tools & Simulations
AD9148 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346, AD8349.
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, ADL5385, ADL5386.
- For an quadrature modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
Recommended Output Amplifiers
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.