Features and Benefits
- Flexible LVDS interface allows word or byte load
- Single-carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 82 dBc at 122.88 MHz IF
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Integrated 2×/4×/8× interpolator/complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in the DAC bandwidth
- Gain, dc offset, and phase adjustment for sideband suppression
- Multiple chip synchronization interfaces
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- Low power: 1.5 W at 1.2 GSPS, 800 mW at 500 MSPS, full operating conditions
- 72-lead, exposed paddle LFCSP
The AD9121 is a dual, 14-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1230 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency.
The AD9121 TxDAC+® includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL537x F-MOD series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 4-wire serial port interface provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA. The AD9121 comes in a 72-lead LFCSP.
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies (IF).
- Proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- Current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- Flexible LVDS digital interface allows the standard 28-wire bus to be reduced to one-half of the width.
- Wireless infrastructure
- W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, LTE
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This page contains evaluation board documentation and ordering information for evaluating the AD9121.
The AD9121 evaluation board, AD9121-M5375-EBZ, has the ADL5375 modulator on-board. To operate the evaluation boards, the user must apply power, a clock source, a digital data source, and be able to observe the DAC output on either a spectrum analyzer or an oscilloscope. The evaluation board comes with software which are ACE (Analysis | Control | Evaluation) and DPG Downloader Lite software that allows the user to program the SPI port. Via the SPI port, the DUT and clock circuitry can be programmed into any of its various operating modes.
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
This evaluation board is not recommended for new designs.
The SDP-H1 is a high speed controller board for the System Demonstration Platform (SDP). The SDP-H1 has a Xilinx® Spartan 6 and an ADSP-BF527 processor with connectivity to the PC through a USB 2.0 high speed port. Controller boards allow for the configuration and capture of data on daughter boards from the PC via USB.
The SDP-H1 has a FMC low pin count ( LPC) connector with full differential LVDS and singled ended LVCMOS support. It also has the 120 pin connector, found on the SDP-B which exposes the Blackfin processors peripherals. This connector provides a configurable Serial, Parallel I2C and SPI and GPIO communications lines to the attached daughter board. The PC side software application for controlling the attached daughter board is provided with each of the daughter product evaluation boards or Circuits from the Lab reference Circuits.
The System Demonstration Platform is a collection of controller boards, interposer boards, and daughter boards, used for easy, low cost evaluation of ADI components and reference circuits. For a general overview of the entire platform visit the System Demonstration Platform homepage www.analog.com/sdp
See the full list of compatible Product Evaluation Boards and Circuits from the Lab Reference Circuit Boards that require the SDP-B. All SDP-S compatible daughter boards can be used with the SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
This evaluation board is not recommended for new designs.
- Xilinx® Spartan 6
- 1 x FMC Low Pin Count ( LPC) connector
- LVDS and single ended LVCMOS signaling
- JTAG header
- Blackfin processor ADSP-BF527
- 1 x small Footprint 120 pin connector
- Configurable Peripheral Interfaces SPI, SPORT, I2C, GPIO, Asynchronous Parallel, PPI, Timers
- USB 2.0 interface to the PC
Documentation & Resources
AD9121 Companion Parts
Recommended Quadrature Modulators
- For an IQ modulator with integrated PLL and VCO: ADRF6701, ADRF6702, ADRF6703, ADRF6704.
- For 3V power supplies: AD8345, AD8346, AD8349.
- In wideband communication systems: ADL5370, ADL5371, ADL5372, ADL5373, ADL5374, ADL5375, ADL5385, ADL5386.
Recommended Clock Driver
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.