Features and Benefits
- Flexible LVDS interface allows word or byte load
- Single-carrier W-CDMA ACLR = 82 dBc at 122.88 MHz IF
- Analog output: adjustable 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA, RL = 25 Ω to 50 Ω
- Integrated 2×/4×/8× interpolator/complex modulator allows carrier placement anywhere in the DAC bandwidth
- Gain, dc offset, and phase adjustment for sideband suppression
- Multiple chip synchronization interfaces
- High performance, low noise PLL clock multiplier
- Digital inverse sinc filter
- Low power: 1.5 W at 1.2 GSPS, 800 mW at 500 MSPS, full operating conditions
- 72-lead, exposed paddle LFCSP
The AD9121 is a dual, 14-bit, high dynamic range digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides a sample rate of 1230 MSPS, permitting multicarrier generation up to the Nyquist frequency.
The AD9121 TxDAC+® includes features optimized for direct conversion transmit applications, including complex digital modulation, and gain and offset compensation. The DAC outputs are optimized to interface seamlessly with analog quadrature modulators, such as the ADL537x F-MOD series from Analog Devices, Inc. A 4-wire serial port interface provides for programming/readback of many internal parameters. Full-scale output current can be programmed over a range of 8.7 mA to 31.7 mA. The AD9121 comes in a 72-lead LFCSP.
- Ultralow noise and intermodulation distortion (IMD) enable high quality synthesis of wideband signals from baseband to high intermediate frequencies (IF).
- Proprietary DAC output switching technique enhances dynamic performance.
- Current outputs are easily configured for various single-ended or differential circuit topologies.
- Flexible LVDS digital interface allows the standard 28-wire bus to be reduced to one-half of the width.
- Wireless infrastructure
- W-CDMA, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, LTE
- Digital high or low IF synthesis
- Transmit diversity
- Wideband communications: LMDS/MMDS, point-to-point
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADS7-V2 Evaluation Board was developed to support the evaluation of Analog Devices high speed A/D converters, D/A converters and Transceivers with JESD204B bit rates up to 13.1 Gbps. The Quick Start Wiki site listed below provides a high level overview of the platform. In addition, each use case of the board has its own section (e.g. Using the ADS7-V2 for High Speed A/D Converter Evaluation). The ADS7-V2 is intended to be used only with specified Analog Devices Evaluation Boards. The ADS7-V2 is not intended to be used as a development platform, and no support is available for standalone operation. Please refer to Xilinx and its approved distributors for FPGA Development Kits
Features & Benefits
- Based on Virtex-7 FPGA
- One (1) FMC-HPC connector
- Ten (10) 13.1 Gbps transceivers supported
- Two (2) DDR3-1866 DIMMs
- Simple USB port interface (2.0)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.